troubles after import from iCompta2

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
Post Reply
luigidangelo
Posts: 6
Joined: 19 September 2013, 21:32

troubles after import from iCompta2

Post by luigidangelo » 19 September 2013, 21:48

I'm trying iCompta3 since a few days.
Following the tips here in the forum, I managed to upgrade my iCompta2 database.

I'm having some strange issues with the filters to create custom reports.

One very strange is the following:
I created a report to include only transactions between two dates (i.e. 01/01/2013 to 12/31/2013) but strangely some transactions get included, whose date is in 2011, or 2012 (i've checked several times for the filter by date to be correct) and the amounts of those transactions appear to be incomes instead of expenses and vice versa, the most weird thing is that these transactions only appear if I set as end date a date that is equal or greater than the actual date; otherwise, if the end date is one day prior the date of the day or earlier, the report is OK

Has anyone else noticed this?


Anyway, thanks for the great work, iCompta2 is the App i use most on my iPod

JWD
Posts: 31
Joined: 08 June 2011, 20:11

Re: troubles after import from iCompta2

Post by JWD » 26 September 2013, 17:12

I am completely baffled by the reports setup so far and can't make sense of the figures when I just try to report on a month for example.

luigidangelo
Posts: 6
Joined: 19 September 2013, 21:32

Re: troubles after import from iCompta2

Post by luigidangelo » 27 September 2013, 08:28

Hope I can help You on this.

I have 8 accounts in iCompta, and I need a month report for only 4 of them, I've set a filter like this, it works fine for me, except for the strange behaviour i described at the top of this thread:
(the indent level matters)

Code: Select all

ALL of the following id true:
-----the date is after or equal to  01/01/2010
-----the date is before or equal to 01/31/2010

-----ANY of the following  is true:  {this is a compound condition}
----------the account is account1
----------the account is account2
----------the account is account3
----------the account is account4
if you have transactions whose value date is different from the transaction date and you are interested to be included, You have to add conditions similar to the first two for dates

luigidangelo
Posts: 6
Joined: 19 September 2013, 21:32

Re: troubles after import from iCompta2

Post by luigidangelo » 27 September 2013, 08:45

About my post:
I created a report to include only transactions between two dates (i.e. 01/01/2013 to 12/31/2013) but strangely some transactions get included, whose date is in 2011, or 2012
I've made other tests:
the same iCompa2 archive imported in iCompta3 in two different days (i.e. Sept 18 and Sept 19)
in iCompta3 the strange income/expense inversion only happens if the import day is included

for example: if i try to report the whole month of September 2013, including the day 18 in the archive imported on the day 18, then i have the inversion, if i set the last day of the report to 17 everything is fine

Same thing for the archive imported on the day 19 (actually the same iCompta2 archive, untouched for one day).
If I include the day 19 as end date or it is included in a longer period, I see the income/expense inversion.
If I stop the report at day 18, then it is OK

(I've identified some of the transactions which give inversion, I tried to correct them, and even tried to create them from scratch. But the inversion remains. I've also tried to create them from scratch in the current date and then move them to the original date: when they have their original date, the inversion re-appears)

Hope I described it clearly enough

PS
my iCompta2 archive is quite large, and if the iPod screen goes off before the import to iCompta3 is complete, the import fails.
I have to tap the screen to keep it alive until the coversion is complete


Thank You

User avatar
Angeman
Administrateur
Posts: 1924
Joined: 28 December 2008, 21:28
Location: Toulouse, France
Contact:

Re: troubles after import from iCompta2

Post by Angeman » 27 September 2013, 21:18

This is probably because you have credit card accounts and iCompta creates transfers to a main account automatically. I corrected this in 3.0.1 so that the transfers are created only if a main account is set. So that should solve your problem.

luigidangelo
Posts: 6
Joined: 19 September 2013, 21:32

Re: troubles after import from iCompta2

Post by luigidangelo » 28 September 2013, 13:08

Thank You!

Post Reply