Wish list and suggestions

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Wish list and suggestions

Post by Angeman »

pattern86 wrote:Is it possible to set the default "kind" for all transactions in an account? For example, to make all new transactions as "Card" for an account that is the type "Credit card"? This way, instead of having to manually set the "kind" for almost all of the debit transactions for that account, it would start out as the correct "kind".
It will be possible in V5.
pattern86 wrote:Also, for iCompta Mobile, I notice that if you accidentally enter two periods before the cents amount, the total returns as $0.00. Is it possible to disallow the input of more than one period?
I'll check that.
Vandulus wrote:1) Please, please make it so the transaction detail pane can also be docked on the left side of the transaction register! For some reason it seems like I am moving my mouse quite a bit more, possibly because I'm left handed.
In V5, most information will be editable directly in the list and the transaction detail pane should become a sheet to edit multiple transactions.
Vandulus wrote:2) Please add a new account type to track stocks and mutual funds, where you can track the number of shares you have and their current value per share.
3) Is there any way to put together a detailed manual or help file as the current online help only provides the bare minimum of information?
V5
Torakikiii wrote:I'd find very useful to have a contextual menu for applying categories, the feature I use most. I download new transactions from the bank once in a while and it's time consuming to select every transaction and then going to the category panel (yeah I know I can select more than one transaction at time, but I've *many* different categories ).

Therefore a contextual menu would speed up this operation a lot!
Sure
yrh0413

Post by yrh0413 »

I changed to iCompta 2 months back; previously I was using Microsoft Money and then later on switched to iBank. I still find Microsoft Money the most user-friendly but iCompta is quite close.

One thing I find it lacking on iCompta is the reporting. The standard reports are not customizable and they are limited. I would want:
1. make a new report category at the left, in the list of Accounts, Budget etc.
2. In Microsoft Money I can define Monthly Reports, Daily Reports, Quarterly Reports and pick the accounts I want to include in. This can also be done on iBank but not iCompta. I would like to see this in iCompta.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Thanks for the suggestions.