local network sync iPhone name

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
allech

local network sync iPhone name

Post by allech »

Not sure if this is a question for the Mac or the iOS part of the forum:
Is there a way to set the name under which an iPhone shows up when selecting "Synchronization" / "Local network" in the Mac OS X version of iCompta?
I have one phone that shows up with the name I set for it on the device (under iOS' Settings > General > About > Name) however an other phone just shows up as "iPhone", even though I have a name set for it the same way (on the device). They are of different iOS versions (not sure if that should matter, though)
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: local network sync iPhone name

Post by Angeman »

allech wrote: 03 June 2024, 04:42 Is there a way to set the name under which an iPhone shows up when selecting "Synchronization" / "Local network" in the Mac OS X version of iCompta?
No you can't, it displays the name that the device advertises on the network, so it should be the one you set in Settings > General > About > Name. I don't know why it doesn't work for your second iPhone sorry.
allech

Re: local network sync iPhone name

Post by allech »

Thanks. Interesting that the iPhone shows up with its name for iTunes (Finder) wifi-sync but not in iCompta. Must be some new security setting/mode I'm unaware of (the other phone that shows up with the correct name is an older iOS version)