Invoice data and templates

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
zh_olga

Invoice data and templates

Post by zh_olga »

Hi Angeman

How to add VAT, ID numbers of the company on the invoice?
How to add full address of the company to the invoice?
How to add VAT, ID and full address of the client on the invoice?

Is it possble to make the invoice to show the category for each line?

Please show, thanks a lot
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Invoice data and templates

Post by Angeman »

Most of this is already present in the default invoice template and then you can modify it to fit your needs. You have to understand some basic HTML in order to modify the template or you have to look how it's done and try to do the same. For example if you want to show the category for each line you have to add something like

Code: Select all

<td>{{ item.category }}</td>
just before the

Code: Select all

<td align="right">{{ item.amount }}</td>
zh_olga

Post by zh_olga »

Hi Angeman
this is so complicated!
Is it possible to simplify it? Could you suggest some way to add the info I mentioned in an easier way?
I honestly tried editing HTML, but that's really a lot of learning to do in order to add just a limited amount of information on a template
zh_olga

Post by zh_olga »

<div class="value">{{ company.phone }}</div>
<div class="value">{{ company.mail }}</div>
<div class="value">{{ company.webSite }}</div>
<div class="value">{{ company.address }}</div>
<br>
<div class="value">ID: {{ company.identificationNumber }}</div>
<div class="value">VAT: {{ company.taxesNumber }}</div>

Does "class" mean that template takes this info from somewhere within the software? Or I should input the data instead of {{ company.address }}?

Where can I input these infos in iCompta? Please show, I couldn't find

VAT, ID numbers of the company
full address of the company
VAT, ID and full address of the client
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Everything concerning the company that makes the invoice and the client is already present in the default template so all you need to do is select the "Companies" line in the left list (under the accounts) and fill all the fields. Same thing for your clients, select the "Clients" line in the left list and fill all the fields for all your clients.
When this is done, look how it renders when you print the invoice and tell me what is missing for you (it will probably only be the category for each line of the invoice). I'll send you a modified template accordingly.
zh_olga

Post by zh_olga »

Hi Angeman,
well, that's the thing about Companies and Clients - I couldn't find where to input the info about them. Only when I - Accidentally - clicked on the line above the list of companies I noticed that there's ID number, Address and other fields which were not marked. Once I marked them, the fields to input the info appeared and I could input.

This is really not self-explanatory and not evident how to input the info about companies and clients... I was looking for some window to open, like you have windows opening when you double click on the report (where you input the settings for the report) - where I could input all the info about a company/client. Really struggled with this, but now it's ok
zh_olga

Post by zh_olga »

Hi Angeman

how could I add to invoice template - an equivalent of the total in a different currency ?
Could you please help to edit the invoice template and/or help to input this info on the invoice in iCompta
Our situation is that we bear the costs in UAH, but our client reimburses us in EURO so we input line-by-line items onthe invoice in UAH, but additionally to the total in UAH need to have a TOTAL in EURO on the invoice. It would also help to have a place for current exchange rate on the invoice.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

This is not possible currently sorry. However you can add 2 lines in the invoice template, one with the current exchange rate and one with amount in EUR (that you will have to compute yourself). The drawback of doing this is that you will have to modify the template every time before printing an invoice.