Version 2.2.2 is great, but has some bugs

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
saejin

Version 2.2.2 is great, but has some bugs

Post by saejin »

Hello,
I just downloaded this for my iPhone and so far I think it has great potential for me, but it's got some bugs right now. I'll list all the issues I've come across below and continue to post more as I find them, but so far I'm liking it.

- If you try and change the color when adding a new category it crashes. This is addressed in another post so I'll wait for the fix.
- Synchronization via bonjour from ipad to iphone doesn't work very well. It's works the first time, but if the iphone puts the app in background mode, synch will no longer work. I have to hard reset one of the devices to get it working again.

Not bugs, but feature requests.
- I can't edit the category names and colors. Since the color change crashed the app, I now have two categorys named "New category" and "New category 1". I can't delete them or I just don't know where to delete them from.
- The budget doesn't work as expected. I added all my accounts and assigned amount limits, but it doesn't grab the data from the transaction log to show me a report if the start date is in the future. Not a big deal, but I like to forecast my transactions every month to determine where I can make adjustments if necessary.
- There's no synch button on the iphone version. I can only synch from the iPad.
- Is there a way to select which device has the most current updates to address any conflict issues. I once wiped out all my accounts due to the color change crash. When I brought the app back up in iPad all the accounts were gone. My iPhone still had them so I did a synch. Next thing I knew both devices had nothing. It used the iPads data for the latest changes.
- It took me forever to figure out how to enable OFX downloads for my accounts. Pageonce on the other hand was very simple to configure. I use both apps as pageonce gives me near real-time access to my accounts, sends me alerts, allows me to transfer in real time, etc. iCompta allows me to forecast and reconcile my transactions, and see my budget. If the two can be combined that would make for an awesome app! Are you making any plans to add features such as those in pageonce?
- Is it possible to place the scheduled transactions like bills in another location. For example, right now they are are all in the transaction register. In quicken, they are located in another area and when it's time to pay the bill, I go there and start adding them based on the amount that's due. This allows me to see all my monthly scheduled bills, but also enter them into the transaction register when needed.

Thanks,
Gene
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Version 2.2.2 is great, but has some bugs

Post by Angeman »

saejin wrote:- Synchronization via bonjour from ipad to iphone doesn't work very well. It's works the first time, but if the iphone puts the app in background mode, synch will no longer work. I have to hard reset one of the devices to get it working again.
Can you send me the log messages after you tried a sync that doesn't work ?
saejin wrote:- I can't edit the category names and colors. Since the color change crashed the app, I now have two categorys named "New category" and "New category 1". I can't delete them or I just don't know where to delete them from.
Make a swipe on them in the currencies and categories screen and the delete button will appear.
saejin wrote:- The budget doesn't work as expected. I added all my accounts and assigned amount limits, but it doesn't grab the data from the transaction log to show me a report if the start date is in the future. Not a big deal, but I like to forecast my transactions every month to determine where I can make adjustments if necessary.
Yes the budget only grab in the past and present but if you want to forecast you can use the balance evolution screen instead.
saejin wrote:- There's no synch button on the iphone version. I can only synch from the iPad.
This on purpose, it would decrease iPhone performance too much to keep extra syncing information.
saejin wrote:- Is there a way to select which device has the most current updates to address any conflict issues. I once wiped out all my accounts due to the color change crash. When I brought the app back up in iPad all the accounts were gone. My iPhone still had them so I did a synch. Next thing I knew both devices had nothing. It used the iPads data for the latest changes.
It's only possible on the Mac version unfortunately.
saejin wrote:- It took me forever to figure out how to enable OFX downloads for my accounts. Pageonce on the other hand was very simple to configure. I use both apps as pageonce gives me near real-time access to my accounts, sends me alerts, allows me to transfer in real time, etc. iCompta allows me to forecast and reconcile my transactions, and see my budget. If the two can be combined that would make for an awesome app! Are you making any plans to add features such as those in pageonce?
I don't know pageonce, I will take a look at it.
saejin wrote:- Is it possible to place the scheduled transactions like bills in another location. For example, right now they are are all in the transaction register. In quicken, they are located in another area and when it's time to pay the bill, I go there and start adding them based on the amount that's due. This allows me to see all my monthly scheduled bills, but also enter them into the transaction register when needed.
You're right, I'm thinking about it.
saejin

Re: Version 2.2.2 is great, but has some bugs

Post by saejin »

Wow! Thanks. I'll get back to you soon. So far I've figured out most of my problems, but will definitely send you the log report when the next sync doesn't work. I've been using the app every few days now to reconcile and so far no problems. I've pretty much ditched Quicken for the Mac and am using this with PageOnce exclusively. Along with the other bank apps I'm able to pretty much control all my finances from my phone.