Who owes what to who?

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
lazFatih61

Who owes what to who?

Post by lazFatih61 »

I often lend money to friends. It's sometimes not easy to have an overview how much who owes to me. How can I manage this problem with iCompta? It's a great program, I use it on my Mac and my iPhone. But I wasn't able to do this and I know it is possible :evil:
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Who owes what to who?

Post by Angeman »

Have you checked the user guide ? It's described in the "Managing shared operations" section.
lazFatih61

Post by lazFatih61 »

yeah, but this is about when some frends buy sth and than they try to split the costs. It is when u buy things with people. What I do is just lend money to someone. someone asks me to give him or her 1000 SFr and I do. And when they pay it back, they don't pay back the whole amount, just part for part... How do I have to manage this? Or am I to stupid to understand the text in the user guide?
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

It works just the same way : you create a new operation of 1000 SFr in one of your accounts (or in your person account if you gave the money in cash for example) and you set the person you lent the money as a 100% participant.
Some time later if he / she gives you back your 1000 SFr, you just check the box near to he amount field to tell it's OK.
If he / she doesn't gives you back the whole amount at once, let's say 300 SFr for example, you can change the amount of the part from 1000 SFr to 300 SFr, check it and then create a new part for the same person of 700 SFr which will be unchecked.
Tell me if you don't understand something.
lazFatih61

Post by lazFatih61 »

Thanks. But one more question: What is the difference between creating an operation in my account and my personal account?
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

A standard account (ie under "ACCOUNTS") is supposed to match a real bank account whereas a person account (ie under PEOPLE) is a fictive account intended for storing transactions that do not belong to a standard account such as cash transactions for example.
alchky

Post by alchky »

Hello.
First of all, you are doing a great job developing this program. Thanks a lot!
Second, i have some questions that after reading the FAQ still cant do.

1. I dont use some colums in the list of transactions, specially the second ("periodicidad" in Spanish) and the forth (type+info). Can i get rid of them?

2. I am having some problems with splitting an amount among some people.

Lets suppose i go to visit a city with 2 other friends (person1 and person2). For demostrative reasons we only make 4 payments, but we do it as it follows:
Sometimes only one pays but he pays for all of us, sometimes pay 2 and its for the 3 of us.

2.1 How do i register each transaction?
2.2 How do I do to let iCompta know, for example, that I have paid 100 for a plane that i havent actually paid for?

3. I don't know it this is a bug, but when i pay for someone, lets say 100e, when I make a transfer from the other person account to my main account the resume status is still "he owns you 100e". The situation should be neutral.
(NOTE: should I now unchek thepayment in witch i put him as a percentage?. By doing it this way it would be ok isnt it?)

4. You make a transaction between 2 accounts. If you delete the transaction in one of the accounts should't it be deleted in the other account too? is it a bug?

Thank you a lot for the patience of answering this.
Alex
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

alchky wrote:1. I dont use some colums in the list of transactions, specially the second ("periodicidad" in Spanish) and the forth (type+info). Can i get rid of them?
You can toggle them with the arrow so that they take less space.
alchky wrote:2. I am having some problems with splitting an amount among some people.
Hotel operation 300 in your account with P1 particaption of 100 and P2 participation of 100.
Plane operation in P1 "person" account with your participation of 100 and P2 participation of 100.
Etc.
alchky wrote:3. I don't know it this is a bug, but when i pay for someone, lets say 100e, when I make a transfer from the other person account to my main account the resume status is still "he owns you 100e". The situation should be neutral.
(NOTE: should I now unchek thepayment in witch i put him as a percentage?. By doing it this way it would be ok isnt it?)
In order to tell that you or someone has paid for something you have to check the corresponding participation.
alchky wrote:4. You make a transaction between 2 accounts. If you delete the transaction in one of the accounts should't it be deleted in the other account too? is it a bug?
This is how it works now but it will change in version 4.
alchky

Post by alchky »

Thanks for the quick answer.
I'll do it the way you say, but I have foud a problem:
When I buy the plane for the 3 of us and but it in the category "planes", when the program makes the report on each category, it says that i have spent 300 in "planes" when I only spent 100. How can i fix this??

Thank you!
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Yes this is a known bug, it will be fixed in version 4. As a workaround you can set the percentage of category "planes" to 33%.