qif import problem: does not skip already imported items

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
mary

qif import problem: does not skip already imported items

Post by mary »

Hi,

I just upgraded to v4 and imported a qif as i used to do before. However icompta does not skip the already imported transactions. Did you remove the feature or did it simply messed up with the qif format (I remember I had an hard time finding the right date format to get it to work properly)?

Thanks.
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: qif import problem: does not skip already imported items

Post by Angeman »

There is a new import screen which shows all transactions in your file. You have to enable the "reconcile" box to let iCompta find existing transactions and mark them as being ignored. New transactions will be marked as imported.
mary

Post by mary »

thanks. i tried it. it marks items either to be 'updated' or 'imported'.
Is there a fast way to select all the items which are marked as to be updated so that i can set them to ignore?
I don't want them to be reconciled, I'm simply downloading the qif of the last 30days from my bank more often that every 30days so there are overlaps, but i don't want these overlaps to be marked as reconciled

this new version looks cool, just need a little more time to found out all the new features.
I've noticed the sub-categories already, well done :)
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Yes just select all these transactions and change the action in the middle bar, it will affect all selected transactions.