Transfers and different currencies

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
mettlerr

Transfers and different currencies

Post by mettlerr »

Hello all
First, let me say that the new version is wonderful, and it was a instant-buy for me. However, I have one question regarding the new handling of transfers.

Before 4.0 I could make a transfer from my swiss bank account (CHF) to my japanese bank account (JPY), and iCompta would automatically convert the amount correctly by the actual currency rate.
Later, when my bank statement arrived, I could correct the amount received on the japanese bank account, as my bank has used another rate at the actual transfer date. I could also change the date when the money was received on the japanese account, without the original transaction in the swiss bank account changing in any way (as everything was still correct there).

For example:
Swiss bank account transaction: [TRANSFER: CHF 100.00 - 01.01.2010] --> Japanese bank account transaction: [TRANSFER JPY 8'000 - 01.01.2010]
*** Bank statement arrives! ***
Swiss bank account transaction: [TRANSFER: CHF 100.00 - 01.01.2010] --> Japanese bank account transaction: [TRANSFER JPY 7'552 - 03.01.2010]

Like that everything was always correct and the transactions did not bother each other. However, since the transfer transactions are now linked, that is no longer possible. Is there another way of doing it? Or can I "unlink" the two transactions?

Thanks in advance.
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Transfers and different currencies

Post by Angeman »

Yes you can do a right click then "Unlink transactions".
mettlerr

Post by mettlerr »

Searched for "Unlink transactions" but found none, but then noticed the "Delete Link" (which I didn't know until now what it does), and this one does exactly what I want.

Thank you very much, now everything is perfect.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Yes sorry "Delete link" was what I meant.