how to set taxes category?
Posted: 06 October 2026, 12:46
I'm using taxes as a workaround for getting 15% of the use of my home as office expenses out of my regular personal expenses, for example, 15% of power usage.
I don't want to split transactions and use a separate category for business expenses but would like to keep the category structure I have and be able to have a report that well show me 15% (actually 17.65%) of the total purchase price, I am not GST or VAT registered so these are not a consideration.
I think I have almost got it with a tax report that shows me what I want but I need to know if 1) a tax category is useful and 2) how to create a tax category-have tried creating a regular category that doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions?
I don't want to split transactions and use a separate category for business expenses but would like to keep the category structure I have and be able to have a report that well show me 15% (actually 17.65%) of the total purchase price, I am not GST or VAT registered so these are not a consideration.
I think I have almost got it with a tax report that shows me what I want but I need to know if 1) a tax category is useful and 2) how to create a tax category-have tried creating a regular category that doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions?