iCompta 4 and macOS Sonoma

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
Angeman
Administrateur

iCompta 4 and macOS Sonoma

Post by Angeman »

There has been a change in Sonoma which causes a side effect : all the value dates that haven't been set end up on January 1st, 4001 instead of being equal to the date of the transaction by default. Since the balance preview is computed according to the value date, this also has the effect of making the preview meaningless.

Bad news is iCompta 4 code base is too old and can no longer be recompiled with current development tools so I won't be able to update it.

Possible solutions:
  • Revert to macOS Ventura (hard to do)
  • Have another Mac with an older system so you can use iCompta 4 on it
  • Examine all transactions and modify their value dates (I doubt anyone will have the courage to do that…)
  • Select all transactions and perform a batch modification of the value date field to September 1st, 2023 for example, then only correct the value dates of the transactions from September in order to have a meaningful preview from September onwards
  • Purchase iCompta 6 then once in version 6 select all the transactions and perform a batch modification of the value date field by emptying the field in order to give each transaction its default value date (i.e. its date)