Updating name in transaction transferred between accounts, does not update the linked transaction name

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
varval

Updating name in transaction transferred between accounts, does not update the linked transaction name

Post by varval »

Hi Angeman,

When creating a transaction in an account, and then transferring it to another account, iCompta creates a linked transaction with all the same details (name, date, amount, etc) in the destination account.

If we later on update the date or amount in the transaction, on either of the accounts, we get a pop-up asking whether we want to update the changing info in the linked transaction in the other account.

This is great, but it doesn't do the same with the name. So I very often end up with different names for linked transactions, or not getting both transactions when performing a name search or filter, for example.

Is this option (to choose to update the name on the linked transaction too, or not) something we could add to a coming release? I think it would be good for consistency, and accuracy.

Thanks,

Javier
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Updating name in transaction transferred between accounts, does not update the linked transaction name

Post by Angeman »

I will add an option to do so in iCompta 7 for sure.