Automatic Import "File / URL"

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
Creepa

Automatic Import "File / URL"

Post by Creepa »

Hello together,

I used iCompta 4 a lot but paused the last years :D Now I am trying to get back by using iCompta 6.

I saw the option "automatic import" (the terms might not be 100% correct, because I am using the iCompta with german language).
Is there a possibility to add a personal iCloud Drive folder as file / url? I managed to automatic export my transactions with Apple Shortcuts into a iCloud Drive folder as ofx-files. Every ofx-file is stored in a bank account specific folder. Now it would be a blaze to use the automatic import to check for new files and import them.
But when I choose the field "file / url" the only way entering something is typing or pasting text. Should there be a dialog for choosing a file stored somewhere on the iPad?

Thanks for your time
Creepa
Using iCompta 6 on up to date iOS/macOS iPad Pro (12,9 Zoll, 3. Generation) and iMac (with Intel processor).
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Automatic Import "File / URL"

Post by Angeman »

Creepa wrote: 15 September 2022, 20:15 Should there be a dialog for choosing a file stored somewhere on the iPad?
Sorry, unfortunately it's only there in the macOS version and you can only input a URL in the iOS version.
Creepa

Post by Creepa »

Thanks for your answer. So I bought the mac-version and now it’s working like intended.
I am using a shortcut combined with Apple script to export ofx-files from my banking software (MoneyMoney). iCompta is watching if there is a new export file and adds the new transactions to my accounts ☺️
The iCloud sync is transferring it to my iPad afterwards.

If somebody is interested in the shortcuts, just ask.

Thanks for keeping the wonderful and flexible piece of software alive 👍🏻
Using iCompta 6 on up to date iOS/macOS iPad Pro (12,9 Zoll, 3. Generation) and iMac (with Intel processor).
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Great ! :)