"Open in Separate Window" feature avb??

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
AlecFasani

"Open in Separate Window" feature avb??

Post by AlecFasani »

Hi Angeman,

I have migrated from another accountancy software where it was possible to open multiple separated windows at the same time.
That feature was very useful.

I have transactions which must be split between several invoices so I must compare both windows (invoices and account) to be able to link all of them correctly.
The only way I could open both at the same time was opening a copy of my file.
That helps a little bit but the copy file is not "alive" so it doesn't update the transactions on the go.
Is there a way to have both windows opened from the same live file??
if not, that would be a very welcome new feature.

Thanks a lot.
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: "Open in Separate Window" feature avb??

Post by Angeman »

Sorry it's not possible and would be quite complicated in current version but I'll think about it in future releases.
AlecFasani

Re: "Open in Separate Window" feature avb??

Post by AlecFasani »

Angeman wrote:Sorry it's not possible and would be quite complicated in current version but I'll think about it in future releases.
Ok. So I'd like to suggest a "Back/Forward" button in case it's easier to implement.
Being able to go back/forward to the previous window at the same position where you were, would save a lot of time.
Right now if I swap between a report and transactions windows for example, the report lay out goes back to "all expanded" and the transaction goes back to the top of the list.
I mean, I have to find the transaction where I was and also collapse the selected report groups one more time.
This is very time consuming when you are making comparisons and you don't have the "open in separate window" option avlb..

Cheers.