iCompta V5?

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
Torakikiii

iCompta V5?

Post by Torakikiii »

Hello Angeman,
how are things?

That pinned topic up there, dating september 2011 is getting stinky and old :D Since that topic it seems asking for news has become a kind of tabù.
I remember first posting a wish list (amongst others) back in february 2011.

Is anything moving on? As far as I love this program there are great suggestions and feature requests on this board that go unlistened.
I mean, I know you're working on a V5 version but some things have been waiting for ages without an update.

Before I have to start considering to move away from iCompta is there anything you can share about the status of the new version? I'm not asking for a release data but like 50%...60%...2% done.
I use your software to manage my money. I can wait a fair amount time for updates, but not forever.

Beware: I love this program and payed for it; it would be a sad decision for me having to leave it for something different but there are small annoying things I have to deal with every time I use iCompta that I can stand no more. :oops:

Thanks,
Ivan
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: iCompta V5?

Post by Angeman »

Things are going not as fast as I would like too but it keeps moving on.
I understand people are waiting but it would be nonsense to rush everything and deliver a buggy version.
The current progress is roughly :
- Mac version : 80%
- iPhone version : 10%
- iCloud sync : 0%
Torakikiii

Post by Torakikiii »

Thank you for your answer.
80% isn't that far from the finishing line after all :)

I can deal with the fact of having the iOs version coming later since 100% of my tracking is made on my mac and then exported to iOs.

Keep up the good job! let's crush that missing 20% :)

Ivan
yrh0413

Post by yrh0413 »

that's good news! Let's hope we can see the Mac version final release soon! :D

And I hope iCompta V5 works with the current version of iCompata mobile... won't want to stop using my mobile version. :roll:
reuel

Post by reuel »

Angeman, thank you very much for letting us know something about V5 progress. I really appreciate that, as I was afraid of iCompta becoming 'a dead project', but now the opposite is true.

I would be very happy to buy the Mac application as soon as it's ready, even though iCloud and iOS versions are not yet ready. I think it would be the smartest to continue development of the iOS version while V5 is already in the Mac App Store. An update for the Mac version with iCloud integration can than be released at a later stage, together with the iOS version. Just my thoughts, based on the rough progress estimates. Is this also the roadmap you've planned or do we need to wait till Mac + iOS + iCloud are all 100%?

Thank you for your response and all the energy you put into iCompta!
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Actually it's more likely to be a simultaneous release of the Mac and iOS versions but there might be a private beta test of the non-synchronizing Mac version if you are interested.
Torakikiii

Post by Torakikiii »

Angeman wrote:Actually it's more likely to be a simultaneous release of the Mac and iOS versions but there might be a private beta test of the non-synchronizing Mac version if you are interested.
Me! me! je suis très interested :)
reuel

Post by reuel »

I sure am interested in beta testing, thank you, just let me know when the time is there to test, looking forward to it. Depending on how much has improved compared to V4, I will be able to provide you with a long list of feedback for future improvement ;-)
brian

Post by brian »

me too, I'm also interest to test beta if it's possible.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

reuel wrote:I sure am interested in beta testing
Torakikiii wrote:Me! me! je suis très interested
brian wrote:me too, I'm also interest to test beta if it's possible.
I added you to my beta testers list, you'll receive an email when it's ready but I don't know yet when.