How to "Convert as Transfer" instructions

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
twodogron

How to "Convert as Transfer" instructions

Post by twodogron »

I have downloaded a trial version of iCompta v4.0.11 and imported over 8,000 transactions by QIF from another Personal Finance package.
The import went very well but unfortunately all Transfers have now become simple transactions with the opposing Account named as a Category only, this does not reflect well in Reports.....
Around 10% of all of my imported transactions are Transfers between Accounts. To convert these transactions by jumping from Account to Account is time consuming and open to error creation....

Can anyone advise me how to use "Menu>Transactions>Convert as Transfer" (It is perpetually "greyed out" i.e. unaccessible in my version.....)
I'm sure this subject has already been covered somewhere in this Forum but I cannot find any reference on "How to use this command"...

Thanks..
MacBook Pro, Yosemite 10.10.2, iCompta 5.1.7 (862)
twodogron

Re: How to "Convert as Transfer" instructions

Post by twodogron »

Sorry every one,
I've managed to work it out.......... All Accounts have to be in the same Account Group........
MacBook Pro, Yosemite 10.10.2, iCompta 5.1.7 (862)
RobMSadler

Post by RobMSadler »

I've put all the accounts in to one account group and i still have the convert to transfer greyed out, any help out there?
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

You just need to select the 2 transactions and they must have the same date then the menu item will be enabled. The accounts don't have necessarily to be in the same group.
eugene_o

Post by eugene_o »

The requirement that the transactions are on the same date is a problem. My credit card always receives the funds a day or more after my bank sends them. That means that in order to exclude transactions from the statistics I have to go an manually change the dates. In general I liked the previous functionality better, when any transaction marked "transfer" was excluded, even if it did not have a pair.
Also, please describe the way it works in the program documentation. I had to google why my transfers were not excluded and why I could not pair the transfers.