HTTP Server on iPad

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
largebrick

HTTP Server on iPad

Post by largebrick »

Hi All,

I have just donwloaded the app for iPad, but seem to be having some trouble with accessing the http server to import transactions (no direct download with my bank unfortunately). I have got the correct IP for the server, and tried accessing it from various computers all on the same wireless LAN, but each time the browser just times out.

I can access my bank's website in the embedded browser within the app, so I know there is no network problem there, and I have double checked that I am using the correct IP (and port 80).

Am I missing something? Do I need to start the http server in the app, and if so, how do I do this? Is there some firewall setting on the iPad that I need to adjust?

Thanks for any help!
largebrick

Re: HTTP Server on iPad

Post by largebrick »

This seems to have resolved itself upon restarting my iPad a few times - no idea what was causing it, but it now seems to work as expected.
Polar

Post by Polar »

Strange thing: I can't turn off "Backup server" switch in program's interface. It just stuck in ON postion. I tap it and move left to turn off, but it stays at its place like glued :shock:

I don't need to turn it off right now really, but while traveling I think it's a little bit insecure to leave it working, am I wrong?
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Polar wrote:Strange thing: I can't turn off "Backup server" switch in program's interface. It just stuck in ON postion. I tap it and move left to turn off, but it stays at its place like glued
The switch was not an appropriate user interface item as it can't be turned off so it will be changed in next release.
Polar wrote:I don't need to turn it off right now really, but while traveling I think it's a little bit insecure to leave it working, am I wrong?
No it's not as you can only access it when iCompta is launched and WiFi network is on and it also requires your approval before anyone can connect.
Polar

Post by Polar »

Thanks, Angeman. Just downloaded a new version today.
sjordi

Post by sjordi »

I have no problems at all connecting to my iPhone, but the iPad is always ending up on a timeout. Nothing happens on the iPad even though I can ping it. :(
Steve JORDI
Prangins, Switzerland