Investments

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
wsanders123

Investments

Post by wsanders123 »

I have been working through getting the program up and running (off and on) for several weeks. At first glance, it appears to do just about everything I am looking for, but before I take the plunge, there are a few things that I am struggling with.

I notice that I can set up investment accounts, but I cannot seem to locate a way to actually track the investment itself. For example, I can track the cash side of my accounts (dividends, etc.), but it doesn't appear a way to track the actual value of the stock or mutual fund itself. Am I overlooking something?

Also, I have been trying to get OFX/QFX files imported, along with QIFs and I get an error. I can supply some more details, but I am really interested in the investment question first. I don't want to bog you down with additional troubleshooting unless I am going to take the plunge, if iCompta can track the stock tickers themselves.

Thanks so much for putting together a great app. I hope I can fully use it.
Regards!
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Investments

Post by Angeman »

wsanders123 wrote:I notice that I can set up investment accounts, but I cannot seem to locate a way to actually track the investment itself. For example, I can track the cash side of my accounts (dividends, etc.), but it doesn't appear a way to track the actual value of the stock or mutual fund itself. Am I overlooking something?
It's not possible yet but it should be part of version 4 or 5 though.
wsanders123

Post by wsanders123 »

Thank you for the quick reply!
acidburn1995

Post by acidburn1995 »

I'm sorry, I need a little help, I'm a little lost between all this accounting, that's why after trying out a lot of softwares I chose iCompta + iComptaMobile: simple, with a lot of personalized feature and perfect for my needs.

I just need a little help with my investments: I'm no brocker, I just use to invest some of my savings when my everyday bank account starts to have a little too much on it. Sometimes those investments ends and the money passes on my account, after some days I choose what to do next and invest them adding up some more from my everyday savings: I'd like to use my iCompta to trace those movements, but I don't like to have those movements added to my balance, it seems that I've spent a lot of money, but I've just putted it in another place. How can I do that? I'm sorry, I've looked around a lot, but I haven't found anything or understand it (I'm hopeless)