iCompta Suggestions

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: iCompta Suggestions

Post by Angeman »

Thanks for letting me know, I will change it right away.
clorr

Post by clorr »

Hi everyone,

I'm new to iCompta. I tested it yesterday, and I now have one year of bank accounts on it (with the help of import feature!) ! I have to say I'm impressed, I tried to find such a software for long now, and this is exactly what I was looking for !!!! Simple, efficient, and ... for MAC !!! So thanks to devs !!

I'm writing here to suggest some things I noticed.

1 - I agree with Benjamin for it's suggestion on collapsible separators, with a mention of the total. Not only for month but for the different views... This could be extra !

2 - The biggest problem I had was with the undo feature. I was in the editor, typed something wrong, and did undo the whole text with keeping Cmd + Z pressed, sadly it did undo not only the text but also some operations i added. I didn't noticed that directly, and lost some operations. So it could be better i think, to have a local undo for text modifications, and a global undo for other operations.

3 - In the editing field, for the categories and the participants, the minus sign to suppress could be directly on the item and not on the title bar, just for commodity.

4 - On the transaction type, it seems that the list will be editable so my suggestion may not be useful. I wanted to propose to remove the "cheque depot" as a deposit is always a credit the "cheque" seems enough for both credit and debit. Idem for "especes".

5 - On the graphs, checking "ne pas prendre en compte les transferts", removes all operations with type "virement". Maybe it would be better to have a "transfer" type, but I would suggest something else.....

6 - Actually, I don't use much the participants feature because I don't have much paiment to share with other, and the participants is done quite only for that. On my side, a bit like cascaman with payee, but not exactly, I would like to have, for each operation, a emitter and a recipient. By default, for a debit, I am the emitter and the recipient could be, by default, "unknown" (with no person attached to it), but if I want I could change it to any person created, like "my bank" for the charges I pay to it, "amazon" for the items I buy there, or even MYSELF ! (if I transfer some money to another account, or if I pay something to a sparing (épargne) account, or if I pay a monthly credit for my home). This would make the transfer feature more elegant, and in the graphs, this would ease the calculation of what I realy paid and what I REALLY spared !

Ok, these are suggestions... I hope this helps. Thank for your soft ! If you need help on development, I do some dev on cocoa, for iPhone also !!
archphoto

Post by archphoto »

I love this program - extremely easy to use, but I too feel there could be some further improvements.

Any way to add "copy>paste" from one account to another - I use the copy, but whenever I try to paste into another account, it won't let me. Or am I missing the obvious here?

And support for multiple currencies would be fantastic! I use Icompta to track business expenses when I work in several countries for business; would be very, very handy to have this feature!

Hope to see the next version soon - happy to donate to help continue development of this product.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

archphoto wrote:Any way to add "copy>paste" from one account to another - I use the copy, but whenever I try to paste into another account, it won't let me. Or am I missing the obvious here?
Maybe you forgot to click on the transactions list to select it before trying to paste.
archphoto wrote:And support for multiple currencies would be fantastic! I use Icompta to track business expenses when I work in several countries for business; would be very, very handy to have this feature!
There is already multiple currencies support. You can add a new currency in the Categories & Currencies window.
Cesare.Capo

Post by Cesare.Capo »

I'm using iCompta since tree months now: good work for my own use.
One thing I would like to see may be the possibility to have "sub-categories" for transaction categories.
Let me explain: I can create a category "car" and in that I will register all expenses for my car. May be interesting to create some sub-categories inside of this category to define this expenses in a better way: gasoline, tires, assurance.
Thanks. Bye.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

This will be included in version 4.
saukaul

Post by saukaul »

I love iCompta but what I miss is the possibility to print reports. Will it be possible in version 4?

Thanx!!
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

No, it won't be part of V4 sorry but I'll add it as soon as I can.
rawbourt

Post by rawbourt »

When there is a synchronization conflict, is it possible to change the "Keep other version" to "Keep iPhone version" and "Keep current version" to "Keep Mac version"? You get kind of confused when you have to choose.