Cannot add negative amount

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
Heleen

Cannot add negative amount

Post by Heleen »

Hello,

I've been using iCompta happily for the past few months. Today I updated my version to 3.3 but now I've come across a problem. It seems that I cannot insert a negative amount into a transaction (red down pointing arrow). I can for the amounts per category, but not the overall amount. When I go to a previously inserted transaction it turns that transaction into positive as well.
I tried restarting iCompta but that didn't work.
I'm on Mac OS X 10.5.8 still (planning on upgrading to Snow Leopard soon).
I'm wondering if I'm missing something or whether this is a bug in the new version for non Snow Leopard users.

Thanks!
Heleen
cdcox

Re: Cannot add negative amount

Post by cdcox »

Running into the same problem since I upgraded this morning? I have tried uninstalling program and deleting preferences, with no change.
Using OSx 10.5.8
I liked this program until this morning, now I have headaches. Is there any help available or should I search for another program?
after search the internet I found version 3.3.2 and it works, here is a link. I don't know how long it will be available as 3.3.2. It may update to 3.3.3, so try and get it asap and see if the following fix works for you.

http://mac.softpedia.com/progDownload/i ... 27325.html

unistall 3.3.3 by dragging it to the trash can and delete the preference file in the Users/your account/Library/Preferences it is called "com.angeman.icompta.plist
then empty the trash
now try opening 3.3.2 and see if it works.

believe me I will stick with this version for a long time
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Should be fixed in 3.3.4.
cdcox

Post by cdcox »

And it does. Thank You.
Heleen

Post by Heleen »

Thank you! Problem has indeed been fixed with 3.3.4.