Wow!

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
irabrian

Wow!

Post by irabrian »

I just found your program yesterday. Best look and feel of any financial program I have tested. A couple of things. I enter my paychecks so for example. Say I make $1,000 in a pay period. $500 goes as a deposit to my bank account, $200 goes to taxes, $300 goes to my 401K (another type of bank account), any way to do this in one transaction? Any way to add a reconcile feature? Finally, it would be great to be able to view specific days, or weeks, or months, in the report window.
Thanks

Great programing!
irabrian

Re: Wow!

Post by irabrian »

Just figured out how to do the report thing. Excellent!!
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

You can't split a transaction into several accounts, a transaction belongs to one and only account. You could however make a transfer between accounts.

The reconcile window is planned for the next major release.
irabrian

Post by irabrian »

I have figure some work arounds for my needs. Thanks. When is the next upgrade due out. What is going to be upgraded?

Ira
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Honestly I have no idea when the next version will be released and what will be included. Everything has not been decided yet.
mrtoner

Post by mrtoner »

Angeman wrote:You can't split a transaction into several accounts, a transaction belongs to one and only account. You could however make a transfer between accounts.
Have you rethought this position? When my wife receives her paycheck with a deduction for her 401K, there is in reality no transfer at all done from our bank account to the retirement account. Putting one in as a separate transaction doesn't accurately describe the transaction.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Yes I have planned to allow a split to be a transfer to another account.