when add a new transaction

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
mm_v8

when add a new transaction

Post by mm_v8 »

I have a few suggestions in the input menu of "Add transaction".

(1) Default Mean of payment
Currently default is "Other" for all the accounts. It should match to the one for the account (or should be set under the Edit account).
You have so many selection to be used for bank account. And I guess that is whey the default setting is "Other". However, in other type of accounts, normally it is always the same.
For example, when I am in the cash account, I input almost always "Cash" . If in credit card, naturally almost always "Credit Card".
Currently I need 3 more taps in every new transaction.

(2)Default % in Category and Participants
This is what I pointed out below in another topic.
The default setting is 100% since Version 2, but it is only when we input either Category or Paticipants.
When a certain Category has been selected, default % of Participant become 0%. And vice versa, when Participant has been already selected, Category shows 0%.
I think it should be corrected.

(3) Type of account
It should be useful if it has "Liability" and "Others", too.
mm_v8

Re: when add a new transaction

Post by mm_v8 »

Add one more related to the (1) above.

Actually some of "Mean of payment" in the current list are not used depend on the users or the country the user lives.
For example, in my country, personal cheque is not common. In fact, nobody use it.
So, it should be useful if we can edit to customize the list.
And if the default setting is customized under the edit account menu, then it would be perfect.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

mm_v8 wrote:(2)Default % in Category and Participants
This is what I pointed out below in another topic.
The default setting is 100% since Version 2, but it is only when we input either Category or Paticipants.
When a certain Category has been selected, default % of Participant become 0%. And vice versa, when Participant has been already selected, Category shows 0%.
I think it should be corrected.
This is the expected behavior, as I told you default % = 100% - sum of other categories and other participants. Sum of categories + participants should be 100% as explained here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=406&p=1876#p1629.

Thanks for the other suggestions.
mm_v8

Post by mm_v8 »

mm_v8 wrote:This is the expected behavior, as I told you default % = 100% - sum of other categories and other participants. Sum of categories + participants should be 100% as explained here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=406&p=1876#p1629.
Thank you. And I read the topic.
In fact, I reconfirmed there is the same needs and I totally agree with the comment made by far-blue, rather than Iam persuaded about the current hehavior.

Understand your aim is to use "Participants" for, e.g., lending money to others.
However, I have an objection to that. If you want to do so, "Participants" should be treated something like "Accounts" not "Categories".
Because "Accounts" is basically Balance Sheet items and "Categories" are Profit and Loss items. When you use "Participants" to lend money, it does not affect o P/L but only on B/S. That is why it should be under "Accounts".

In my case, when I want to input "Lending" transaction. I use the additional account called "Temporary" and use "Transfer". Then does not affect on categories and P/L.
If such lending is long term or standard case, then, I will set another account called "[name of participant]" not under "Temorary", which will behave exactly like the current "Participant", in fact.

In the Category and Participants, what I would like to achieve is as follows;

Paticipant1=myself Participant2 Total
Category A xx% xx% 100%
Category B xx% xx% 100%
Category C xx% xx% 100%
Category D xx% xx% 100%
Category E xx% xx% 100%

Do you understand what I mean? I appreciate if you consider it for the future.
mm_v8

Post by mm_v8 »

It is difficult to see, but I meant like matrix.
I hope you understand it.
1Razor

Post by 1Razor »

I have just purchased this app for my iPhone and am quite pleased with it.

One thing I would prefer to see is, to be able to input an amount directly, not as a percentage.

So Total = 90.00

Category 1 = 23.00
Category 2 = 27.00
Category 3 = 16.00
Category 4 = 24.00

or Total = 36.18

Category 1 = 21.58
Category 2 = 14.60

Is this possible. Please keep up the good work!
AlexSmall

Post by AlexSmall »

1Razor wrote: One thing I would prefer to see is, to be able to input an amount directly, not as a percentage.
+1 I vote for this too. It is more convenient way to split amount by categories.
mm_v8

Post by mm_v8 »

It is possible to change it in amount by pressing "%" at the right side of the number.
But I agree with you guys that the amount should be set as default.

But still again, my request is Participant should not be a part of this %.