Rule conditions (specifying which account) get fields blanked out

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
blasley

Rule conditions (specifying which account) get fields blanked out

Post by blasley »

I have several rules that contain conditions specifying which account they apply to.
Occasionally I try to apply a rule and observe that it is not executed. I go into the conditions and discover that the “account” value has changed to “none” for that rule.
I put the correct value in for the account in the condition, and then the rule works fine, but I would like to be able to execute rules without having to verify their conditions every time.
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Rule conditions (specifying which account) get fields blanked out

Post by Angeman »

Thanks for the report. If you find a way to reproduce this behavior every time please tell me, that would be of great help.
blasley

Post by blasley »

Yeah, unfortunately it doesn’t happen every time.
Now that I think of it, it might be happening after I do a reconciliation (although this most recent occurrence was for only one rule, and there were 2 rules with conditions referring to one account, and only one rule had its condition messed up).
The best I can say is that it doesn’t happen every time I try to execute rules.
I will try to make it happen again and let you know what seems to cause it.
blasley

Post by blasley »

OK, it seems to happen when I enter a transaction for new payee.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

blasley wrote: 04 October 2022, 19:46 OK, it seems to happen when I enter a transaction for new payee.
I really don't see how the payee field could affect this in any way so I think we should look for something else.

Have you create an account or deleted an account recently ?
blasley

Post by blasley »

I entered another new transaction with a new payee, but the issue did not reoccur.
Is there a way to turn on logging and then collect logs when the issue occurs? The problem is that it probably occurs some time before I actually see the effect. That is, the condition value on that one rule could get nulled out at any time, and I would not notice it until I tried to apply the rule.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

You can turn off "automatic synchronization in the background" setting in the Preferences window if you want and then you'll have to perform each synchronization manually. I must warn you it's a bit of work but it has the advantage of showing you each modification it will perform at the end of the synchronization process. This way you can check when the accounts of your condition are being changed and where it comes from.
blasley

Post by blasley »

I’ll give that a try.
Thanks!
blasley

Post by blasley »

Sorry, I never found where it is that I would turn off automatic synchronization in the background, but somehow it does appear to have been turned off. How do I turn it back on?
The reconciliation screen is not very useful if I can’t correct the amount on a transaction without leaving the reconciliation screen (I was able to get around this previously by doing the reconciliation on my iPad and the fixing transactions on my iPhone and saving there, which would initiate the automated synchronization
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

blasley wrote: 31 May 2023, 07:00 Sorry, I never found where it is that I would turn off automatic synchronization in the background, but somehow it does appear to have been turned off. How do I turn it back on?
You have to select the "Synchronization" line in the main list (under the accounts) and then there is a button in the bottom left corner to show the settings.