Incorrect transaction dates

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
allech

Incorrect transaction dates

Post by allech »

Sometimes today’s date is off in iCompta’s calendar, e.g. on Oct 11 (today) it shows Oct 9 as the current date (?). See the image that shows the calendar displayed when the “Date” field is edited for a newly created transaction:
iCompta6_Date_small.png
iCompta6_Date_small.png (53.58 KiB) Viewed 9436 times
Or maybe I’m misunderstanding what the shaded dates actually mean? Note that:
  • Apparently iCompta's calendar control starts the week on Sunday (and there is no setting to change that, like in the built-in Calendar App (where I set it to Monday). It would be nice if there was a device-wide setting for the start of the week...)
  • The transaction is still created with the correct current date (e.g. Oct 11), so this UI is just a bit confusing (but at least it does not seem to create an incorrectly dated entry).
However when traveling across timezones I’ve had all of my transaction dates show up shifted by one day (and even the per-month sections were off: e.g. transactions for October were showing up under the September section). This seems to have been resolved by closing the iCompta file and re-opening it (after which transactions started showing up with the correct dates again).

Note that I’m in North American timezone(s) - so maybe all this has to do something with transactions using UTC and not skewing to the local timezone correctly? (Although that would not explain the whole month-sections listing the wrong transactions…)
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Incorrect transaction dates

Post by Angeman »

Which version do you have ?
allech

Post by allech »

My apologies, I should have included version information:
  • iCompta: 6.0.49
  • iOS: 14.8
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Ok thanks. In Settings app > General > Date & Time, is the time zone setting set to automatic or a fixed one ? Either way in which timezone where you before and then after when the dates shifted ?
allech

Post by allech »

Timezone is set to automatic on my device. I noticed the issue during the leg of a journey that was from US/Eastern to US/Mountain.