Credit card payment and auto payments

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
grigoris_a

Credit card payment and auto payments

Post by grigoris_a »

Hello.I need some help.I have created a credit card account with first transfer date 10/12/20 and first value date the 30/12/20.iCompta creates an automatic transfer with all the amounts between the dates 10/12-10/1 correctly. So let’s say that the created amount to be paid is 1000€.If I create a deposit of 500€ in the 20/1 with value date 9/1 it corrects the amount to be paid. BUT if I create a transfer from an account to the card with value date 9/1 it does not correct the amount to be paid.Why is the transfer not calculated since it’s a deposit also?
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Credit card payment and auto payments

Post by Angeman »

Transfers are explicitly ignored when computing the amount of the deferred debit.
grigoris_a

Post by grigoris_a »

So the only way is to create 2 separate transactions for credit card payment?I tried searching rules to make the second transaction automatic but could not find something to do it.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

I don't really understand why you mean : the transfer that is automatically created by iCompta every month is the payment.
grigoris_a

Post by grigoris_a »

The transfer is the automatic bank withdrawal. But when I make a payment before the value date in order for the automatic bank withdrawal to correct I have to create 2 transactions.One deposit transaction to the card and one withdrawal transaction to the account I will pay the card with.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Ok so you can start paying ahead of time indeed ? I didn't know it was possible for credit cards, perhaps it's different in each country. I'll try to refactor how it works in iCompta then.
grigoris_a

Post by grigoris_a »

Exactly that.When the card is very close to its limit(below 100€ for example) I make a payment of 500€ and this increases the limit again. I believe its the same in other countries.