Import new Pocketmoney database into iCompta 6

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
Sirius

Re: Import new Pocketmoney database into iCompta 6

Post by Sirius »

I found out what to do.
I needed to:
- download the up to date PocketMoney version to my MAC,
- import the PocketMoney.db file from my older PocketMoney version that still runs on my iPhone into PocketMoney on the MAC,
- then the PocketMoney.cdb with the new data structure is created.
- treat this with Navicat and proceed to the import into iCompta on the MAC.

What I still need to figure out is how to get all the data of the last 10 years that resides in the "Name" fields of all transactions into the "Payee" field.
Amiko

Post by Amiko »

The PocketMoney's field Payee was imported to some field in iCompta, but I can't remember which one. Choose to see all fields and find out. Then, create a rule in iCompta that imports the old Payee value to the new Name field. It will be something as "Set name / to the contents of / "field where are Payees". I did this way.
dwd

Post by dwd »

Thanks so much for this helpful recipe! I was able to use it to find a MUCH simpler way to do it, thanks to using sqldiff to determine all the differences between the original and the navicat copy.

My motivation is that I have been using an old PM2 PocketMoney app for all this time, but the time has come that I can no longer use it in my current phone because I have to run iOS >= 14.5 on it. Instead,I am using PM2 on an older phone, but periodically I want to copy my current PocketMoney DB to iCompta on my current phone so I can at least do searches on the historical data.

So, this is the process I use:

1. Connect both phones to iTunes.
2. Using File Sharing on my old device, download PocketMoneyDB.sql
3. Upload PocketMoneyDB.sql to a current version of PocketMoney, open the sql file and let it be converted, and download the PocketMoneyDB.pmdb that was created.
4. In a terminal window, do

Code: Select all

cp PocketMoneyDB.pmdb PocketMoneyDB.cdb
  sqlite3 PocketMoneyDB.cdb "UPDATE LAMetadata SET version='1.0.5' WHERE rowid=1"
5. Upload PocketMoneyDB.cdb to iCompta 6 and open it up.

That's all it takes! Uploading & downloading with iTunes file sharing can be done with drag & drop.