Hidden accounts deleted

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
g.luparia

Hidden accounts deleted

Post by g.luparia »

Hi
I was reorganising my account folders on the iPad and, after moving out all visible accounts from a folder, I have deleted the folder.
I realised now this may have deleted all hidden accounts contained in the folder: I now have transactions that were transfers from or to those accounts, and now they are orphaned splits. Is that possible?
No warning was given, I believe this should be fixed.

I use Dropbox to sync. What’s the correct procedure to restore my document to before this problem?

Also, iCompta on my iPhone is now crashing trying to open the document. This may be linked to the same problem.
Thanks!
Giorgio
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Hidden accounts deleted

Post by Angeman »

Delete your accounts file and then click on Dropbox icon in the bottom white bar of the document selector to recreate it.
g.luparia

Post by g.luparia »

Sorry I’m not sure I understand.
The iCompta file with the accounts removed because of the bug is already saved to Dropbox. What I need to do is to restore the version of the iCompta file to before the deletion (I imagine it’s on the Dropbox history)
g.luparia

Post by g.luparia »

Okay, here's what I did.
In iCompta: I closed (deleted) the local document.
On the Dropbox website: I restored the ZIP file inside the iCompta folder to a previous version.
In iCompta: I opened again from Dropbox and it found the version before the accidental accounts deletion.

This seems to have worked, I am now doing all manual work again now.

Let me know if you see any issue and also if I should insert anywhere the bug report / feature request to avoid that hidden accounts are deleted behind the scenes, especially if they contain relevant transactions that would leave other splits orphaned / unlinked.

Thanks!
Giorgio
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

This is normal behavior for me but I should probably add a warning stating that there are hidden accounts that will be deleted in such case.