Restore from EMail backup

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
JWD

Restore from EMail backup

Post by JWD »

Following a failed IOS 9 update on my iPad2 I had to do a factory reset and restore (dated July) and I'm now trying to restore my iCompta 2 email backup from last week.
When I browse to the IP address of the iPad I get the various options but after I select the "Document" to restore iCompta crashes and and the browser gets a page not found.
If I click on restore with no document specified I get a successful restore message on the iCompta App (but of course now there is nothing in iCompta!)
Before IOS 9 I was on the latest IOS 8 and that is when the email backup would have been taken.
The document is password protected in iCompta if that makes a difference.

I appreciate that iCompta 2 is now rather old - I have been using it extensively since 2011 with virtually no problems since I installed. I did try a move to iCompta 3 in the early days of that but found I liked version 2 better.

I can restore a Dropbox Sync backup but that is a little older than the email one so I would really like to to access the latest possible version.

Many thanks for a great product and anything you can suggest I try.

John
JWD

Re: Restore from EMail backup

Post by JWD »

No worries - I've found my DropBox backup is much more up to date than I had thought so I am sorted now.