Cannot sync with cloud or dropbox

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
Astro

Cannot sync with cloud or dropbox

Post by Astro »

I have the latest version of iCompta 5 on iMac Intel/Mavericks, and iCompta3 on iPhone iOS 8.1

I generally use the iMac to make most changes and usually access the data on iPhone to check my accounts and finances. I understand that to sync the iPhone, i must click save, however this no longer brings in the latest data.

I dleted the document on the phone, and created a new document from the cloud. The new document was not the latest version, it was still the old data from the phone.

I usually sync via the cloud. When I realised this stopped working, I changed the settings on the phone and mac to use drop box. The phone loaded the first new dropbox version, but it did not update or register changes after that.

Please help, I am not sure how the phone can get old data even when it redownloads a fresh document from the cloud/dropbox
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Cannot sync with cloud or dropbox

Post by Angeman »

Can you show me a screenshot of the synchronization window on the Mac ?
Astro

Post by Astro »

Thank you for the quick attention - here is the screenshot:

Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

You need to check the box at the right of "Dropbox" to enable Dropbox synchronization.
Astro

Post by Astro »

I did. I turned it back off after it wasn't working.

When I was trying to use dropbox, i turned it on, turned off cloud. I checked a new file appeared on drop box.

I also turned it on in the similar screen on the phone.

It did not work - apart from the first time I opened from dropbox on the phone. So now it is turned off
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Astro wrote:When I was trying to use dropbox, i turned it on, turned off cloud. I checked a new file appeared on drop box.
Ok so everything's good so far.
Astro wrote:I also turned it on in the similar screen on the phone.
On the phone you should close your document to go back to the documents selector screen. Then delete your current document and recreate it by clicking on the Dropbox icon in the bottom toolbar.
Astro

Post by Astro »

I deleted the file and chose the dated one from the dropbox icon - and the first time I did this, I had the up to date version.

Then I made another change on iMac, and clicked save there. I checked and watched it save a new sync file to dropbox.

Then I clicked save on the phone, I understand this is how to make it sync. It did not sync. I tried some other things too.

I would prefer to sync on cloud, but that was not working, which is why I tried dropbox
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Astro wrote:Then I made another change on iMac, and clicked save there. I checked and watched it save a new sync file to dropbox.
Ok perfect.
Astro wrote:Then I clicked save on the phone, I understand this is how to make it sync. It did not sync. I tried some other things too.
No that's wrong, you shouldn't click on the "Save" button on the iPhone at that time otherwise you are creating a conflict. You should just wait and the new data will be synchronized. You only need to click on "Save" when you have made changes that you want to upload to iCloud or Dropbox.
Astro

Post by Astro »

ahhh ok, so I just need to wait and it will sync by itself? Is there a way to trigger it to sync so I know what I am looking at is up to date? Or a way to know it is old data?
Astro

Post by Astro »

Thanks - not clicking 'save' and it seems to be working now! I appreciate the help