Syncing iCompta3 with my OS X iCompta

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
JohnNigh

Syncing iCompta3 with my OS X iCompta

Post by JohnNigh »

So, the new iCompta3 isn't automatically recognised by my Mac's iCompta, nor does Local Sync appear as available in iCompta3.

The HELP page tells me that both devices must have their sync lines open then they can see each other. However, with the Sync open in iCompta3 and hit the sync button on 4.0.12 on my OS X and it can't find the iPad. What's going on?

How do I get the new one to recognise OX X iCompta?
Cheers,
John
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Syncing iCompta3 with my OS X iCompta

Post by Angeman »

iCompta 3 can only synchronize with iCompta 5 that's why it doesn't recognize your version 4.
JohnNigh

Re: Syncing iCompta3 with my OS X iCompta

Post by JohnNigh »

Thanks for the information in your replies to my three queries.

It is unfortunate that iCompta5 for Mac was not advertised before iCompta3 for IOS. It would have made sense that the new IOS version was made for the new Mac OS version and saved a lot of trouble.

I will revert to iCompta2 for IOS and continue with iCompta4 for Mac.

The new versions appear tricksy and lack design value - very much less easy to look at than the earlier ones and too much clutter to add to the queasy feeling from the design. I might upgrade once you have gone through further revisions, but until then, the versions I've been using are doing just fine. So, thank you for the old versions, and good luck with the new ones.

Cheers,
John
Cheers,
John