Deleted an account by error!

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
mm_v8

Deleted an account by error!

Post by mm_v8 »

I have deleted one of the accounts by mistake.
Actually I did not know I deleted it, but 1 account is missing.

Now I need to think how to rebuild it.
Fortunately I have a file in my Mac using iCompta Mac version but the file was update a month ago.
(Normally I input the data from my iPhone anywhere and synchronize with Mac at home. But recently I did not synchronize it often.)

In this circumstance, I have a few questions.

(1) If I synchronize iCompta and iComptaMobile, then the missing account will be deleted from iCompta as well because the file of iComptaMobile is newer. Is my understanding correct?

(2) Is there any way to synchronize 2 files without deleting the missing account?

(3) Any way, I will be able to rebuild it from my Mac to input the data for recent 1 month manually from iComptaMobile. In such case, if I synchronize two, then the missing file will be rebuild in iComptaMobile?

It was my mistake but can you make it more difficult to delete the account?
Sometimes I want to look the information under the account and I need to press "EDIT". In this operation, "DELETE" button appears and it create a chance to press it wrongly.
(I remember I made this comments long time ago, but now it actually happened.
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Deleted an account by error!

Post by Angeman »

mm_v8 wrote:(1) If I synchronize iCompta and iComptaMobile, then the missing account will be deleted from iCompta as well because the file of iComptaMobile is newer. Is my understanding correct?
Yes
mm_v8 wrote:(2) Is there any way to synchronize 2 files without deleting the missing account?
You can replace the file on the Mac by the one on the iPhone but you will lose all the new transactions on the Mac.
mm_v8 wrote:(3) Any way, I will be able to rebuild it from my Mac to input the data for recent 1 month manually from iComptaMobile. In such case, if I synchronize two, then the missing file will be rebuild in iComptaMobile?
You can force the synchronization in one direction only by using "Send document to iPhone" synchronization mode.

I would suggest you to open your backup file on the Mac and your current file, then you can copy/paste the deleted account from the backup file to the current file. And finally perform a "Send document to iPhone" synchronization to update the iPhone.
mm_v8 wrote:It was my mistake but can you make it more difficult to delete the account?

Absolutely
mm_v8

Post by mm_v8 »

Thank you for your advice. It is very helpful.
I would suggest you to open your backup file on the Mac and your current file, then you can copy/paste the deleted account from the backup file to the current file. And finally perform a "Send document to iPhone" synchronization to update the iPhone.
When I do so, the links between the deleted account and other accounts (i.e., transfer transaction) have been all deleted. When I copy/paste the delete account from the backup file to the current file, I do not think the links are automatically recreated. Instead, do you think it is a better idea to copy/paste the new transaction since the last back up from the current file to the back up file, although that is more troublesome obviously?

This is not related this issue itself, but sometimes I feel it should be useful to create a link from the existing transaction in a certain account without using "transfer" button.
That is adverse of "delete link". If you create a button "create link" when the transaction is not transfer transaction, then press the button and select the counter account to create the counter transaction (like "move" function).

How do yo think?
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

mm_v8 wrote:Instead, do you think it is a better idea to copy/paste the new transaction since the last back up from the current file to the back up file, although that is more troublesome obviously?
Yes that will work as well so you should do it.
Angeman wrote:That is adverse of "delete link". If you create a button "create link" when the transaction is not transfer transaction, then press the button and select the counter account to create the counter transaction (like "move" function).
That will be possible in V3.