Problems importing from PocketMoney

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
Briano

Problems importing from PocketMoney

Post by Briano »

I am looking for an alternative to Pocketmoney for iOS, so I thought I’d tru iCompta 6. I have the full version on my iPad and iPhone, but no matter what I try, I can’t get iCompta to retain transaction dates on data imported from Pocketmoney.

I exported from Pocketmoney in qif format from my windows pc; one file per account. I browsed one of the files and discovered transaction dates are mm/dd’’yyyy. When importing to iCompta on my iPad from Dropbox, I specified date format MM/dd’’yyyy but all transactions in iCompta get the current date!

What am I doing wrong? I really want to run iCompta and Pocketmoney in parallel for a few weeks to see if it meets my needs....thanks.....brian
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Problems importing from PocketMoney

Post by Angeman »

Briano wrote: 21 August 2019, 00:32MM/dd’’yyyy
The problem is certainly in the quotes, you have to make sure it's two regular single quotes '.
Copy/paste this format if you want to be sure : MM/dd''yyyy
Briano

Post by Briano »

I copied/paste your format and it worked! Thanks!
The quotes I was using are on the k key on my keyboard. Where do,I find the quotes you gave me?

....thx again....brian
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

It's probably not from the keyboard but I think there are some settings in Settings app than replace straight quotes with some curved ones to make them more aesthetic.