Anything moving on?

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
Torakikiii

Anything moving on?

Post by Torakikiii »

Hello,
I've seen dozens of interesting suggestions in this forum about changes, new features, fixes and so on but months are passing by with small incremental bug fixes releases. Nothing new.

Since I like this program and use it continuously I'd like to know if and when a major or fat update release will come.
I've already read that you're working on V5 but without a roadmap it's like Nasa when they say they are planning to go to Mars :) Eventually.

Thanks,
Ivan
Fourcue

Re: Anything moving on?

Post by Fourcue »

I agree, improvements --in some cases for major issues-- are a long time coming. Although there are many things this program does well, there is a growing list of suggestions. Some of these are "would be nice" [more legible UI], "important" [usable and printable statements and graphs], "tricky" [exchange input], or "significant" [incorrect running balance calculations].
Perhaps the developer is simply overwhelmed, working -as it seems- by himself. Looks like a case of grin and bear it, and/or find an alternative product!
Maybe he's waiting for Microsoft to buy him out! :lol:
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

I am working on version 5, there is a lot of work to be done and I will post a list of new features when it is ready. I won't give a roadmap nor a release date for a simple reason : I don't know.
AlexSmall

Post by AlexSmall »

Pay attention to performance issues please. :)
upd. Sorry for wrong section, I mean mobile version, but if you add partial sync it will be work around...
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

AlexSmall wrote:Pay attention to performance issues please.
Don't worry, this is my main concern ! I will move to Core Data by the way and it should help reduce memory footprint as well as increase performance.
williams1415

Post by williams1415 »

Angeman wrote:I am working on version 5, there is a lot of work to be done and I will post a list of new features when it is ready. I won't give a roadmap nor a release date for a simple reason : I don't know.
That's not really a good enough response for people who have paid for this app. The app world is littered with software that wasn't developed properly after the initial enthusiasm and I, for one, got caught with a similar app that started off well and then promised upgrades never appeared. The response from the developer was almost word for word the same. So, could you make it clear please if we will actually see version 5 - within a few months, this year, never...?