Wish list and suggestions

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
Torakikiii

Wish list and suggestions

Post by Torakikiii »

Hi there.
So far I love this program and it mostly does exactly what I need. Great!
After using it for a while I think I've build up a list of suggestions. Let's see if you find something useful to add to iCompta. Here we go.

-Highlight of budgets: I use plenty of them to track some monthly and yearly goal. Some are more important than others so I'd love to be able to see them highlighted in some ways (by color, bold font, an outline of some kind, whatever!) No, group them doesn't really fit me :)

- Give me a slider somewhere to set the font of the whole interface, even better if I can dynamically set it for the budget panel and the transactions panel separately.

- I wouldn't mind having a "stripe" background to optically divide columns while looking at transactions (Like in the detailed view but vertically using maybe the same colors or light gray and white). I honestly find the detailed view a little messy so I never use it, while I find myself sitting a long time in the standard view

- I'd love to see months of past transactions grouped by year, so I can hide for example year 2010 cleaning up a lot of screen estate. If needed one can click on 2010, open it and then open the needed month(s)

- Please align the text of number of operations, income, expenses, and net in the transaction view of hidden (closed?) months (upper right corner of the transaction view). Grey text on grey background it's not so readable by itself but aligning the text in columns would help a lot eyes (sorry I'm into graphic design :D )

- so far I can highlight singular transactions. Please let me choose which color to use for each one.

- I like statistics! So pleas let me print them especially the detailed view :D Speaking of printing, I guess that the printing layouts in general need to be spruced up a little :)

- I want to be able to exclude an account from the total iCompta shows me. I want to keep track of amounts I own but I won't have at my disposition for a long time to come :) (like retiring funds for example, you have them only when you stop working or change job)

- new kind of account: here they are called "conto deposito". In this kind of account you deposit cash (it has a base interest rate) and then if you want it you can lock an amount of that cash for a fixed period of time at a certain % of interest (higher than the base one). So this new kind of account should:
- define the base interest rate, manage the funds not invested in lines of investment
- let me add some fixed expenses (we have a 3 monthly tax for example on this kind of account and not all of them let you export data)
- let me manage different lines of investment made by an amount, duration, interest rate, taxation rate. Each line drain money from the account up to the available total and then release it in the main account at the end of the investment period. I hope i explained myself :D
- Interact with my bank account. I need to be able to transfer amounts from the bank account to this new special account. The basics are already implemented in iCompta.

- let me choose the language of iCompta. I often dislike italian translations and most of the time I use English. Don't have me to hack into files, the Preferences panel is the right place (a tad empty and sad at the moment tho)

Well that's it! Anyway good program, keep working on it.

Au revoir :)
Ivan
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Wish list and suggestions

Post by Angeman »

Thanks for your suggestions.
sysret

Post by sysret »

Hi

First of all congratulation to your good programm. I started using it very intensiv for personal expense and even for my fathers company as our main accounting program

I would like to add something to Torakikiii's list. I wasn't able to find this feauture in the program currently.

We usually get bills dated with the current month but effectiv on the next month and here I am missing the ability to state that in the booking. I give you an example:

Road tax for cars are billed on October 2010 but effective and valid for the year 2011. So if I enter the bills date into iCompta then this booking will show up under 2010 and will later in statistics not show up under the right year for which it should be.

I always put in under the date field the date where the bill was created from the counterparty. In this context I would like to have an option to tell in the booking that this bill is valid for a certain period.

I hope you understood my requirement :)
This option is crucial for any accounting program.

Regards
sysret

Post by sysret »

Hi

Any feedback on the above?
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

You can use the reconciled date for that purpose I guess.
Torakikiii

Post by Torakikiii »

Hi!
I have another suggestion.
I'd love to be able to set a specific (registered) filter as the default one to load when you open the program or perhaps click on a kind of "home" button. So far I always manyally need to hide the year 2010. Bugging me a lot.

Mmmh what about an home screen too? I mean something clearly highlighting the actual situation of my finances with the last 10 transactions or something like that, a place where you start from when you open iCompta, maybe gathering user definable infos (rss too?) :)

errrhhh v5...? :)

Au revoir! :)
Ivan
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Yes there should be an home screen in V5.
pattern86

Post by pattern86 »

Hi Cyril

Is it possible to set the default "kind" for all transactions in an account? For example, to make all new transactions as "Card" for an account that is the type "Credit card"? This way, instead of having to manually set the "kind" for almost all of the debit transactions for that account, it would start out as the correct "kind".

Can I do this now? Is it planned in an update or upcoming release? (I am asking about this feature for iCompta and iCompta Mobile.)

Also, for iCompta Mobile, I notice that if you accidentally enter two periods before the cents amount, the total returns as $0.00. Is it possible to disallow the input of more than one period?
Vandulus

Post by Vandulus »

I just switched over to iCompta from Prospects and had a few feature requests also:

1) Please, please make it so the transaction detail pane can also be docked on the left side of the transaction register! For some reason it seems like I am moving my mouse quite a bit more, possibly because I'm left handed.
2) Please add a new account type to track stocks and mutual funds, where you can track the number of shares you have and their current value per share.
3) Is there any way to put together a detailed manual or help file as the current online help only provides the bare minimum of information?

Thanks for the awesome application and keep up the great work!
Torakikiii

Post by Torakikiii »

Hi,
another thing =)
I'd find very useful to have a contextual menu for applying categories, the feature I use most. I download new transactions from the bank once in a while and it's time consuming to select every transaction and then going to the category panel (yeah I know I can select more than one transaction at time, but I've *many* different categories :D ).

Therefore a contextual menu would speed up this operation a lot!

Thanks!
Ivan