Transfers between different currency accounts

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
valakata

Transfers between different currency accounts

Post by valakata »

Hi all!

I have a problem with transfers between accounts which are in different currencies.

My problem is that I can't enter amount in both currencies. iCompta allows to enter amount in source currency and then calculates amount in target currency based on current exchange rate. This makes simply impossible to create transfer, which had happened in the past when exchange rate was different. Also, banks usually apply exchange rates which are slightly different from official exchange rate.

It seems that the only way for workaround is to break the transfer and have two different transactions, debit for source currency and credit for target currency. This, however makes very hard to trace those transactions. Also "Ignore transfers" doesn't work on those transactions while displaying statistics.

Any chance that this issue is going to be fixed in future updates? O simply I am missing something?
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Transfers between different currency accounts

Post by Angeman »

I will remove the same amount condition to convert to transfer. This way it will work as expected.
valakata

Post by valakata »

Merci beaucoup :)
Anil

Post by Anil »

Hello,

I got iCompta today (v4.0.11) and I have the same problem as described here.

"I can't enter amount in both currencies. iCompta allows to enter amount in source currency and then calculates amount in target currency based on current exchange rate. This makes simply impossible to create transfer, which had happened in the past when exchange rate was different"

Has this been fixed? or is breaking the transfer as described before the only solution?

Anil
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

It's not fixed yet, it will be in V3.
AlexSmall

Post by AlexSmall »

The workaround is to break (unlink) transfer, change amounts on both sides and link again.