Removing Categories

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
DamoIreland

Removing Categories

Post by DamoIreland »

So I set up rules for everything but didn't understand the % vs amount rule so put in amount of 0 for most, but then when looking at statistics it listed lots of income as 'none' for category, eventually I worked out it was because they had nothing allocated towards the category, so I changed some to 100% and they came up, but I have to go through and remove the categories manually. Is there any rule I can set to remove them or any easier way?

I'm slowly getting the hang of it all!
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Removing Categories

Post by Angeman »

Select all your transactions, add a category in the right panel and then remove it. It will modify the categories of all the transactions you selected.
DamoIreland

Post by DamoIreland »

Thank you Angeman, it's good of you to reply. I have 16 days left of my trial and am almost convinced! It is a great program, there are a few things I don't understand yet.

One thing with the categories, your method above works if all the selected transactions have the same category, but will not work if they don't.
For example, say I have a list of 40 transactions, and most are categorised 'A', but a few random ones interspersed are categorised 'B', then you cannot highlight them all and remove category 'A', you could add category 'C' to them of course, but they still contain the other categories, so it must be done manually which can be very very time consuming!

Is there any simple explanation, or solution I am missing?

Many thanks,
Damian
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

DamoIreland wrote:For example, say I have a list of 40 transactions, and most are categorised 'A', but a few random ones interspersed are categorised 'B', then you cannot highlight them all and remove category 'A', you could add category 'C' to them of course, but they still contain the other categories, so it must be done manually which can be very very time consuming!
No if you add category 'C' it will replace all categories 'A' and 'B' as they are not the same so then when you remove 'C' it will clear everything.