Version 4 Questions

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
headbirth

Version 4 Questions

Post by headbirth »

How do I get the larger row view .... the button is gone
How do I toggle all months open and closed?
How do I edit types of transactions? To add or customize them...

I've noticed the opening of panes animation is a bit sluggish.
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Version 4 Questions

Post by Angeman »

headbirth wrote:How do I get the larger row view .... the button is gone
This view doesn't exist anymore sorry.
headbirth wrote:How do I toggle all months open and closed?
You can't do it but this is a good idea, I will add that.
headbirth wrote:How do I edit types of transactions? To add or customize them...
Do you mean Check, Credit Card, etc. or categories ?
lona79

Post by lona79 »

headbirth wrote: How do I edit types of transactions? To add or customize them...
I solved by going to file my own language and change the entries manually.

If there was the possibility to change the entries in the program, it would be better.
headbirth

Post by headbirth »

Yes, I was referring to Check, Credit Card, etc.

I think it's just a localization issue. In the U.S. we may phrase these terms differently or individuals might refer to them differently. Not a big problem. I can edit them as Iona79 suggests.

YOU DID A FANTASTIC JOB ON VERSION 4 BY THE WAY!
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Thanks, don't hesitate to tell me which terms you think are inappropriate. I translated them myself so maybe I'm wrong ;-)
lona79

Post by lona79 »

For example, the ones I use most often are (on Italian):
  • Altro
  • Carta di credito
  • Carta prepagata
  • Bonifico
  • Bonifico permanente
  • Giroconto
  • Bollettino postale
  • Assegno
Currently I can think of others ...
JohnNigh

Post by JohnNigh »

Dear Angeman, thanks for telling us that the top right hand buttons refered to in the help page no longer exist. Does that mean that I can't get rid of the display of any of the information columns displayed by default? I have also found it difficult to change the width of the columns - I thought I could just minimize a few column widths to allow me to see the debit & credit columns, but that doesn't seem to work. That means I don't see stuff that is useful, without horizontal scolling, but other information that is less immediately useful remains in the middle of the screen. I've only got a 1024 x 768 display rather than a fancy huge one. :|

However, version 4 seems a big advance, especially linking transfers in to the account transfered out. It was a real bummer having to edit an automatic transfer twice, allowing lots of confusion to get in.

Cheers,
John ;)
Cheers,
John
Paipe

Post by Paipe »

Why isnt it possible to view the larger rows anymore? That kind of row is much better cause you can se the whole transaction caracteristics much easier =/

The filtering stat is kinda buggy when selected to view the pizza graphs... i mean sometimes i select (highlight) some rows and want to see them graphed, just the ones ive selected. It used to work great on the previous version, but i think its bugged now.

What were the major improvements of this version? i couldnt see much difference between the last version

by the way, this app is great... i use it for almost 2 years now and ive never had any problem with it... i will be pleased to pay for it.

thanks
adrianwi

Post by adrianwi »

Just wanted to add my thanks for the latest version, which is a big step forward and well worth the €15. The transfers and schedule are well implemented!

A couple of suggestions:

1. It would be good if the column views (i.e. which columns are shown and the widths) were specific to each account, as I need to see more detail in some but not others, but I prefer the new layout!

2. Similar to above, but minimising months should also be account specific, perhaps with a auto-hide for fully reconciled months and ability to hide/open all? It should also remember the previously saved setting!

3. Still can't edit the Means of Payment and would really like a Paypal option, but like the direct debit and standing order options.

4. Ability to print some of the views in a simple report style would be useful, especially at year end when I need to pull together some simple accounts

Anyway, keep up the great work...

Thanks, Adrian
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

JohnNigh wrote:Dear Angeman, thanks for telling us that the top right hand buttons refered to in the help page no longer exist. Does that mean that I can't get rid of the display of any of the information columns displayed by default? I have also found it difficult to change the width of the columns - I thought I could just minimize a few column widths to allow me to see the debit & credit columns, but that doesn't seem to work. That means I don't see stuff that is useful, without horizontal scolling, but other information that is less immediately useful remains in the middle of the screen. I've only got a 1024 x 768 display rather than a fancy huge one.
Paipe wrote:Why isnt it possible to view the larger rows anymore? That kind of row is much better cause you can se the whole transaction caracteristics much easier =/
Sorry about that, finally the detailed view is coming back as an option in 4.0.1.
Paipe wrote:What were the major improvements of this version? i couldnt see much difference between the last version
http://www.lyricapps.com/iCompta/changelog.php
adrianwi wrote:1. It would be good if the column views (i.e. which columns are shown and the widths) were specific to each account, as I need to see more detail in some but not others, but I prefer the new layout!

2. Similar to above, but minimising months should also be account specific, perhaps with a auto-hide for fully reconciled months and ability to hide/open all? It should also remember the previously saved setting!

3. Still can't edit the Means of Payment and would really like a Paypal option, but like the direct debit and standing order options.

4. Ability to print some of the views in a simple report style would be useful, especially at year end when I need to pull together some simple accounts
Ok, looks like I still have work to do ;-)