Previously reconciled statements turn red

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
placebo

Previously reconciled statements turn red

Post by placebo »

I have three credit card statements which I reconciled earlier that now appear marked red in the list of bank statements. When I double-click on two of them, no transactions are listed; on the last one, only one transaction appears. In all three cases, there should have been dozens of transactions listed. I think this problem is being caused by syncing (over iCloud). I recall running into this problem awhile back, but it went away afterI stopped syncing between devices. Recently, I tried syncing again with an iPad and another Mac, which seems to have caused the problem to recur.

Is this a known problem? Is there a workaround other than not syncing?
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Previously reconciled statements turn red

Post by Angeman »

If you modified a property of a transaction on one device and made the reconciliation that includes the same transaction on another device, automatic synchronization will prefer to keep the side that was changed last so this might explains why the relation to the bank statement is lost.
placebo

Post by placebo »

Would that explain, though, why three statements would not show dozens of transactions which had been reconciled? I wouldn't have had any reason to touch any of those transactions from any device after I had reconciled the statements.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

That's what I'm trying to figure out, have you created and applied rules perhaps ?
placebo

Post by placebo »

No, I don't have any rules currently nor applied any recently.
placebo

Post by placebo »

I downloaded DB Browser for SQLite last night. I'll turn syncing back on and try to reproduce the problem. If it would be helpful, you can let me know what you'd like for me to check within the database so you can figure out what's going on. I'm not familiar at all with databases, however, so you may need to be very specific about what I need to do.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

placebo wrote: 01 March 2023, 17:31 I downloaded DB Browser for SQLite last night. I'll turn syncing back on and try to reproduce the problem. If it would be helpful, you can let me know what you'd like for me to check within the database so you can figure out what's going on. I'm not familiar at all with databases, however, so you may need to be very specific about what I need to do.
Ok so in the SQLite database there is a table named ICTransaction that contains all your transactions. What you can do is identify a few transactions you want to monitor that are reconciled. Before a synchronization occurs you can take a look at the column lastModificationDate for those transactions and note the date. Then you can come back after the synchronization and check is that date and any other field has changed.
placebo

Post by placebo »

I enabled synchronization with my current database. None of the transactions appeared modified after a sync, which wasn't particularly surprising because the problem hasn't recurred.

I realized I had a backup of the database with the problematic statements (November, December, and January), so I restored it to take a look inside. I had forgotten about the iCloud data from my current database, so when I opened the old database with iCompta, it immediately synced. After the sync, this is what I found:
  1. The November statement was still red, but most of its transactions now appeared in the statement.
  2. The December and January statements were no longer red.
  3. The February statement was now red and missing all of its transactions.
That these four statements were changed was no surprise since I had deleted the old statements and reconciled them again to fix my current database, but I would have expected none of them should have ended up red.

The transactions missing from the November and February statements all had the same last modified date and time, and the statement column was blank for them. Another set of transactions, the ones that now appeared in the November, December, and January statements, had a modified time that was two seconds later, and they all had a statement ID in the statement field.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Would you like to send me your backup of the database and the current synchronization data from iCloud by email ? This way I would probably be able to reproduce it and my computer and it would help me a lot to find the root cause. If you are OK with that you can send me an email to support@lyricapps.com to carry on the discussion and I can give you the instructions to retrieve your current synchronization data from iCloud.