melimeli

Different rules for diffferent accounts

Post by melimeli »

Hi,
I'm trying to define the following complex rule. I explain:

I have 3 accounts:
Test-mine1 and Test-mine2 are just mine
Test-shared3 is shared with my partner.

I have 3 words in the names of the transactions e.g. coffee, Supermarket 1, supermarket 2.

If name contains coffee and the account is (Test-mine1 OR Test-mine 2) THEN assign category TestFood

If name contains (Supermarket 1 OR supermarket 2) AND the account is (Test-mine1 OR Test-mine 2) THEN (assign category TestFood AND split with my partner) (for this split I would follow the way you explained to me in another post - see snapshot)
The reason is that although it was charged to account 1 or 2 by mistake, since is just mine, it should be split between the two of us.

If name contains (Supermarket 1 OR supermarket 2) AND the account is (Test-shared3) THEN (assign category TestFood)
...and nothing else since this is a shared account with the two of us are owners, so all expenses there are automatically split 50/50 with my partner, and I understand that this means that only 50% is assigned to me so I can keep track of my expenses, bit he doesnt generates that he owes me anything.

I did a try but I didnt find the way to set a rule with these conditions. See the point where I didn't know how to go ahead in the snapshot. I dont know how to separate the conditions and the results...

Could you advice on how to do it?
Should I split it into several rules, and then what is the best choice?
Attachments
complex-rules.png
complex-rules.png (67.68 KiB) Viewed 3931 times
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Different rules for diffferent accounts

Post by Angeman »

Currently the "Any of the following is true" and the "The account is XXXXXX" conditions are on the same level whereas there should be a hierarchy. So you need to move the "The account is XXXXXX" conditions on "Any of the following is true" and you will see it will be slightly offset to show it's inside the parent condition.
melimeli

Post by melimeli »

Thank you
Is it possible to make one single rule like this ?:
If a happens then do x
If b happens then do y
Or should this be two different rules?
Thanks
Angeman
Administrateur