Credit Card Account - First Date and First Value Date

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
MartinsJunior

Credit Card Account - First Date and First Value Date

Post by MartinsJunior »

Bonjour.

I've been trying to create programmed transactions for Credit Card automatic transfers form Checking Account. My credit card "cuts" on the 26th (First Transfer Date, as per Help File) and payments are due on the 6th next month (First Transfer Value Date).

My problem:

When filling First Transfer Date to, say, April 26th, the app immediately fills First Transfer Value Date to 26th as well. Then, I manually change First Transfer Value date to May, 6th. When I go to transactions list pane, ALL transfers are planned on the 26th, both on Credit Card account and Checking account - there's no "6th" transfer from Checking account - where it was supposed to appear.

What am I doing wrong?

Merci,

Martins
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Credit Card Account - First Date and First Value Date

Post by Angeman »

This is working as intended, you just need to show the value date column in the transactions list and you will see the value date of the transfer is on the 6th.
MartinsJunior

Post by MartinsJunior »

Ok, I can see that but, in the Checking account, the money keeps been withdrawn on the 26th - not on the 6th. If that was the actual case, I would run out of funds.....
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

MartinsJunior wrote: 21 April 2021, 15:53 the money keeps been withdrawn on the 26th
I don't understand what you mean by that ?
MartinsJunior

Post by MartinsJunior »

I’m sorry if I don’t make myself clear. I’m going to put some screenshots to illustrate my point.
MartinsJunior

Post by MartinsJunior »

This is the Credit Card transfer pane. Checking account is Personnalité. Credit card "cut" date (File Transfer Date) is April,26th. Credit Card invoice payment is due on May,6th (File Transfer Value Date).
Please, stand by for the next shots
Last edited by MartinsJunior on 21 April 2021, 19:30, edited 2 times in total.
MartinsJunior

Post by MartinsJunior »

Now, in the Credit Card transactions pane, we can see the Transfer on the April,26th - that is correct. Expenses made up to that date will be charged and payed on the next 6th (in that case, May,6th).
Last edited by MartinsJunior on 21 April 2021, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.
MartinsJunior

Post by MartinsJunior »

But, when we go to the Checking account transactions pane, we see that the Credit Card transfer is placed on the April,26th and the account balance is been reduced on that date - but that transfer should only occur on the next May,6th - as informed on the Credit Card configuration pane.
Last edited by MartinsJunior on 21 April 2021, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.
MartinsJunior

Post by MartinsJunior »

Hope it helps.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Yes this is how it works but if you prefer you can sort your transactions list by value date instead of date. You have to click on the "Sort" button in the blue bar above the transactions list and drag "Value Date" criteria in first position.