Weird Entry Problem

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
romad

Weird Entry Problem

Post by romad »

I imported 4 checks dated 16 Jan 21 and numbered 5459 through 5462 but iCompta entered them in this sequence:

I can't get them in the correct sequential order nor can I figure out why iCompta screwed up. Do I have to delete the transactions and manually re-enter them in the correct order?
Sincerely,
Dennis

Cogito, Ergo Mac
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Weird Entry Problem

Post by Angeman »

What are you sort criteria currently (when you click on the sort button in the blue bar above the transactions list) ?
romad

Post by romad »

OK, that is where it went wonky. I sort by Date, then by Number/Type. I put them back in that order with Manual by drag & drop in third place. I'm going to move the Name, Category, & Comment options down into the Available Criteria section, so they won't affect sorting.

However, I now have a couple of more questions:
First, since the Number and Type are both in the same column, do I need the Type Criteria follow the Number Criteria in the Sort Criteria section or does it even have to be in that section?
Second I tried using the ascend/descend toggles in the Number criteria, but I didn't see any change.
Sincerely,
Dennis

Cogito, Ergo Mac
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

romad wrote: 21 January 2021, 00:21 First, since the Number and Type are both in the same column, do I need the Type Criteria follow the Number Criteria in the Sort Criteria section or does it even have to be in that section?
No you don't have to put it in the sort criteria if you don't want to sort by type.
romad wrote: 21 January 2021, 00:21 Second I tried using the ascend/descend toggles in the Number criteria, but I didn't see any change.
You have to close the popup before it takes effect.