Disappearing accounts

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
c.a.

Disappearing accounts

Post by c.a. »

Dear Angeman
As I open today my iCompta file, suddenly a main group of accounts disappear. At a first glance, all seem to be right, but in a few seconds time some accounts (including a full group of accounts) disappear. I have tried to restore a lot of times, but with no good results.
I saved a recovery file, but even changing the name, and with no internet connection (so no synchronization can be done), the same part of files disappear few seconds after the opening.
I have tried in different devices, but with no positive results.
Can you help me, please? There is a lot of last years' work involved in it and it's not possible for me to restart again with all the accounts from the beginning.
Thanks in advance.
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Disappearing accounts

Post by Angeman »

A synchronization is performed right after you open your document and redeletes the group of accounts that was probably deleted by mistake and saved to the cloud. Anyway to avoid that you need to clear iCloud synchronization data by going in System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud > Manage > iCompta 6 > Delete everything. Then you can restore your database file and the synchronization at launch won't be happening.
c.a.

Post by c.a. »

It works, Angeman. Problem solved.

Thanks a lot
romad

Post by romad »

And this is a GOOD example as to why I require either local WiFi or iTFS sync between desktop & mobile. I refuse to use iClod or anything like it.
Sincerely,
Dennis

Cogito, Ergo Mac