Transactions interface

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
Aguilberto Junior

Transactions interface

Post by Aguilberto Junior »

Account transactions are separated by a thin line, which improves their viewing.

I'm using macOS Catalina 10.15.4 and some of these lines disappear sometimes when I click on transactions ... Is this an iCompta bug or some macOS configuration?

Another thing ... Is it possible to display the dates (Date and Value Date) of transactions in the format dd/mm/aaaa?
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Transactions interface

Post by Angeman »

Aguilberto Junior wrote: 09 April 2020, 16:40 Account transactions are separated by a thin line, which improves their viewing.

I'm using macOS Catalina 10.15.4 and some of these lines disappear sometimes when I click on transactions ... Is this an iCompta bug or some macOS configuration?
It's probably a change in latest macOS update.
Aguilberto Junior wrote: 09 April 2020, 16:40 Another thing ... Is it possible to display the dates (Date and Value Date) of transactions in the format dd/mm/aaaa?
The dates and value dates are displayed using the configuration defined in System Preferences.
Aguilberto Junior

The date format setting in macOS is correct, but iCompta transaction dates are not displayed according to the operating system configuration.
Attachments
macOS Dates Configuration.png
macOS Dates Configuration.png (299.67 KiB) Viewed 9302 times
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Try to use the standard system configuration for Portuguese instead of a custom one maybe ?
Aguilberto Junior

I tried, but it didn't work...
I also tried to configure the language and region of the App, which strangely is for "System Standard - English", but I get a message "iCompta is not compatible with additional languages".
Can you test it there by changing the "Language and Region" setting for Brazil to see if the same thing happens?

Thank you for your help!
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

I think I understand why it doesn't work. It's because iCompta is not localized in Portuguese so it uses System settings for English and not the Portuguese ones. Try to add English after Portuguese in the order of languages in System Preferences and customize the date format in "Advanced" settings for English.
Aguilberto Junior

I included the English language, keeping Portuguese as the main language, but it didn't work, even with customizing the date to dd/mm/yyyy...

So I changed the main language to English, the Mac restarted, I customized the dates to dd/mm/yyyy and now iCompta displays the transaction dates are displayed in this format! :)

So iCompta only displays dates in the dd/mm/yyyy format if macOS is set to English as the primary language, is that it?
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

It's not iCompta, it's macOS, iCompta asks macOS system APIs to display a date using user's preferences and that's it.
Aguilberto Junior

Ok. Now it's working!
Thank you very much for your help, Cyril!