Recurring Transactions

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
adrianwi

Recurring Transactions

Post by adrianwi »

Hello again!

I've been gone for a while (making do with YNAB but never truly happy) but thought I'd see how things have progressed. My partner has continued to use iCompta for her personal finances, whilst mine and our joint finances were moved to YNAB. As we approach macOS 10.15 and then end of YNAB4, with the only option being an expensive and part functional web-based solution, I thought I'd come to take another look.

The first thing I've stumbled with trying to create our account structures is recurring transfers between accounts. We make a monthly transfer to a savings account in my daughters name, and whilst I could create the transfer transaction, it doesn't appear possible to recur it automatically. every month. I've just tested with a standard transaction, and I'm sure I remember seeing a repeat checkbox, but I can't see a way to recur that either.

Am I missing something obvious, or can you not repeat regular items like monthly utility bills or savings transfers?
adrianwi

Re: Recurring Transactions

Post by adrianwi »

Sorry, ignore that! I've found the scheduler :)

That all seems to have gone really well, although I still need to try and import my partners personal accounts (from version 5 I think) into a single combined one and understand how I can import a credit card .qif file and reconcile/match that against existing transactions. Is that possible?