Sync bug

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
ptr.chovan

Sync bug

Post by ptr.chovan »

There is a hiden bug in cross platform synchronization. Please let me know if you are aware of that and you are working on it. If not I will try to explain it in details
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Sync bug

Post by Angeman »

If it's hidden then I'm not aware of it ;-)
ptr.chovan

Post by ptr.chovan »

:D Good one .... but lets be serious now...
So for the beginning... I was using mac icompta only occasionally this year with no amending to transaction or adding a new transaction right until last weekend. I was mostly out and about or busy working on my house so I was using iphone icompta for everything.
6 weeks ago I have amended one of my scheduler transaction from £50 to £85 and changed category which is set to add transaction into one of my current account every week (i've done it on my phone obviously). I'm checking the balance and all transaction each Friday so I know the balance and all transactions were 100% correct last Friday. However last Sunday I used mac Icompta to add one transaction into one of my account. Saved it and everything looked ok (i didn't check balance.. only if the new transaction is added on my phone). However I have opened iphone icompta yesterday and the balance on one of my account didn't looked right so I compared it with my bank account and the difference were £70 less in icompta. It turns out that the first 2 transactions made by scheduler after change (6 weeks ago) were unchanged (£85 were £50 and with old category name) which must have happened only last Sunday when I was adding new transaction with mac icompta

Please let me know if you need any more details. However I've lost confidence in mac icompta and will only use iphone from now on until fix so you will have to somehow duplicate the error
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Can you send me your accounts file from the Mac and the one from the iPhone so that I can compare the inner modification dates of this transaction on both sides ?
ptr.chovan

Post by ptr.chovan »

I assume the account file will contain all transaction which I can’t do that becase most of the transaction contains quite sensitive info. Is there any other way to do that?
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

You can try to reproduce the same issue on a new dummy accounts file… otherwise I don't have enough information to find the bug unfortunately.
ptr.chovan

Post by ptr.chovan »

Uff that is a bit of the problem for me... timewise mostly but I will do my best... In the meantime can you folow the steps I wrote you above and try to duplicate it your self?.. I’m sure the bug is preaty easy to find by following these steps. I would do the same thing anyway and I’m sure You can do it faster then me.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

I already tested this several times so you are probably doing things a little different than me.
ptr.chovan

Post by ptr.chovan »

I don't think there are that many ways of doing the things. I'll see what I can do but you know it is not 5 minute job and I don't really have a spare day to play with it. On the other hand it should be mainly in your interest to find that bug... It is your app, you get paid for it and not me so you should do that. There were always problems with syncing in previous version and sadly as you can see from this report it is still not fixed yet. This is not a game app but serious thing so this should be working 100% at all the time at any circumstances!!!
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

ptr.chovan wrote: 26 September 2018, 13:45 It is your app, you get paid for it and not me so you should do that.
I already did several times, and didn't find it. It happens on your computer, not mine, that's why I'm asking for your files to pursue my investigations. You don't want to send them to me so I'm just proposing a different possibility. If you don't want to do it I don't mind but you shouldn't expect me to solve your issue with nothing to start looking from.
ptr.chovan wrote: 26 September 2018, 13:45 This is not a game app but serious thing so this should be working 100% at all the time at any circumstances!!!
If you were a programmer you would know this is just a dream and it can't exists in real life. We do our best to get rid of all the bugs we can and minimize their possible impacts but it's impossible to reach 100%.