Import of csv not working (amount not imported correctly)

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
BasV

Import of csv not working (amount not imported correctly)

Post by BasV »

Hi,

I am trying the version 6 (have been using version 3 for years now), but I can't get the import of csv files working.
The problem is the amount. It shows up as either 0 for all transactions or skips the decimal sign (1 cent becomes 1 euro).
Import of csv is super simple in version 3, but in version 6 it seems impossible (no 1 screen back function forces me to redo everything every time I want to try a new setting, very annoying).
The format of my csv file is :
IBAN/BBAN,Munt,BIC,Volgnr,Datum,Rentedatum,Bedrag,Saldo na trn,Tegenrekening IBAN/BBAN,Naam tegenpartij,Naam uiteindelijke partij,Naam initiÎrende partij,BIC tegenpartij,Code,Batch ID,Transactiereferentie,Machtigingskenmerk,Incassant ID,Betalingskenmerk,Omschrijving-1,Omschrijving-2,Omschrijving-3,Reden retour,Oorspr bedrag,Oorspr munt,Koers
NL22BANK0123456789,EUR,BANKNL2R,101,4/1/2017,1/1/2017,"-1,20","+18,41",,Kosten,,,,db,,,,,,Rabo DirectPakket Periode 01-01-2017 t/m 31-01-2017, ,,,,,

As far as I can see, the import function does not cater for the double quotes (") and the fact that the amount field also contains the sign of the amount.
Any suggestions ?

Cheers,
Bas.
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Import of csv not working (amount not imported correctly)

Post by Angeman »

Do you have a single column for the amount or one column for the debits and one for the credits ?
BasV

Post by BasV »

Hi, it's a single column for the amount.
In the example data, you can see two amounts, the first one is the transaction amount, the second one is the account balance.

Oh and by the way, I have already decided to stick with version 3, because I found out that splits in transactions work in a way that is not workable for me and would cause me to do many more manual calculations when entering different categories for transactions (i.e groceries that I split into several categories)
In version 3, when adding categories (it's not called a split in version 3), the remaining amount not yet accounted for, appears as the amount for that category. This functionality is gone in version 6, and I see that in version 6, when adding too much amount in a split, the amount of the total transactions changes ! That should never happen, because you need to stay 100% in sync with the actual bankaccount. I also tried unchecking the option 'Make it the sum of splits' but that's even worse (for my purpose that is).

Cheers,
Bas.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Try to set the decimal separator to "," instead of automatic setting.