Suggestions

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
Demigeek

Suggestions

Post by Demigeek »

Hi,

I recently started using iCompta (both desktop and mobile) and after some initial tinkering to get my data imported the right way I'm very happy with the app. I do have some suggestions, although maybe one or two are already possible and I just don't know how to do it :). One thing to keep in mind is that for me my bank statements are always leading, and any manual transactions or recurring transactions should always link to and be replaced with bank transactions.
  • When I buy items with my debit card (e.g. fill up my tank and buy cigarettes at the same time) I would like to register this transaction on my iPhone with two parts, each with their own category (gas, cigarettes). When downloading and importing transactions from my bank this transaction will show up as a single amount, with no specifics. I would then like to combine my manual entry with the one from the bank, resulting in the split being copied from the manual entry (including categories) and the manual entry removed from the transactions. This way I can keep a manual record of transaction splits and categories when they happen, and not have to remember them when I don't update my bank transactions for a while.
  • For recurring transactions (e.g. rent, mortgage, insurance) would it be possible to have a separate screen to set these up for budgeting instead of marking them in the transaction list, so they're more easily monitored for completeness? I like it that these recurring entries automatically show up in the transaction list, but how do I prevent them from doubling up with the actual transactions from my bank statements?
  • Would it be possible to make recurring transactions that show in the list show up more clearly visible as recurring transactions? The way they are presented now makes it hard to distinguish them from regular bank statements.
  • I have read that the next version will contain sub categories, and that adding support for tags has been suggested. I would like to add my support for tags instead of categories as they allow a little more freedom
Hope I've been clear enough, if not let me know. Thansk for the great product so far, keep up the good work!

Regards.
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Suggestions

Post by Angeman »

Demigeek wrote:When I buy items with my debit card (e.g. fill up my tank and buy cigarettes at the same time) I would like to register this transaction on my iPhone with two parts, each with their own category (gas, cigarettes). When downloading and importing transactions from my bank this transaction will show up as a single amount, with no specifics. I would then like to combine my manual entry with the one from the bank, resulting in the split being copied from the manual entry (including categories) and the manual entry removed from the transactions. This way I can keep a manual record of transaction splits and categories when they happen, and not have to remember them when I don't update my bank transactions for a while.
This is the goal of the new reconcile screen planned in version 4.
Demigeek wrote:For recurring transactions (e.g. rent, mortgage, insurance) would it be possible to have a separate screen to set these up for budgeting instead of marking them in the transaction list, so they're more easily monitored for completeness? I like it that these recurring entries automatically show up in the transaction list, but how do I prevent them from doubling up with the actual transactions from my bank statements?
Would it be possible to make recurring transactions that show in the list show up more clearly visible as recurring transactions? The way they are presented now makes it hard to distinguish them from regular bank statements.
This is also something I will work on for version 4.