Addition of found transfer generates wrong total

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
ggg

Addition of found transfer generates wrong total

Post by ggg »

Hi All,
I am enjoying very much this software and hope that it is possible to find a solution to this small problem.

In my iCompta document there are some bank accounts. One of this is being updated on a monthly basis, after the bank is sending the summary of bank transactions. Therefore, I am adding each month the transactions to the iCompta document.

It always worked fine, until I forgot writing a transaction (found transfer between this bank account and another one).
One month later I recognized that the iCompta total was not matching with the bank account total and could find out easily that one entry (the found transfer between the two accounts) was missing.
I then added the entry and it seemed everything ok, but it was not so: the totals you have for the bank account (in the upper right corner of each transaction) were no longer correct. This is so, starting by the new added found transfer.
What is even stranger: by modifying the date of this found transfer to "today" or after the last registered bank transfer, the total is correct!!

Can someone help me on this?
Maybe there is a function to refresh totals...

Thanks!

I am using iCompta 3.2.1 with Italian localization on a "Leoparded-Mac" (all programs up-to-date...)
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Addition of found transfer generates wrong total

Post by Angeman »

The total in the upper right corner of each transaction is the preview of the account balance for that transaction so it's the sum of all transactions that occured before it. If you change its date you will then change the preview for all transactions.
ggg

Post by ggg »

Thank you for the rapid answer.
I just wanted to say that one total in the upper right corner is not correct in my iCompta document. However this is only affecting the preview (and not the account total listed in the left part of the screen...).

As already mentioned, there is one transaction starting from which the totals are no longer matching.
Maybe the cause of this is that I defined the transaction later than other ones and then changed the date to an older one...

I am not sure to be clear in the explanations. However the issue is not that critical...
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

That might be because you choosed to sort transactions by date in the transactions list upper bar whereas the reconciled date is used to compute the preview.
So maybe try to set the sorting property to reconciled date.
ggg

Post by ggg »

It was really because of the sorting.
Thank you very much!