wallet

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
gutenbergus

wallet

Post by gutenbergus »

Beautyfull app. Thank You, but... ;)

Im trying to manage situation as follow: I have bank acount. I'd like to take money from bank using card, put this money to the wallet and then make transaction using money from wallet. How to register this???
For me should work like this: I need to make transfer from bank to Person (this doesn't change enything in my balance). Then im registering transaction in my person acount. But it doesn't change enything too !!! So, what to do?

And next, how to register lending money?

andrzej
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: wallet

Post by Angeman »

gutenbergus wrote:Im trying to manage situation as follow: I have bank acount. I'd like to take money from bank using card, put this money to the wallet and then make transaction using money from wallet. How to register this???
For me should work like this: I need to make transfer from bank to Person (this doesn't change enything in my balance). Then im registering transaction in my person acount. But it doesn't change enything too !!! So, what to do?
Person accounts are not considered in the total balance, they are used for lending money. For doing what you want, you'd better create a standard account and name it "Cash" for example.
gutenbergus wrote:And next, how to register lending money?
This is described in the "Managing shared transactions" section of the user guide.
Paipe

Post by Paipe »

I also use my person account as my wallet... Wouldn't it be better if it was considered in the total balance? I mean, if I create an account called "cash" some transactions would be kinda confusing. For example, when I get some cash from an Atm machine I'm not making a real transfer. And I would have to reconcile every transaction, what in fact does not happen... And some other stuff too.

Thank You
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Paipe wrote:Wouldn't it be better if it was considered in the total balance?
It will be in version 4.
Paipe

Post by Paipe »

Great! when is it coming up?
and by the way, thanks a lot for this great application!
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

In a few months I think but I can't tell fore sure...