On line banking after importing QFX

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
TDaMoose

On line banking after importing QFX

Post by TDaMoose »

I am looking at iCompta as a replacement for Quicken 2007 for the Mac as the promised update version (Quicken 2009) just keeps being promised! All my Quicken files are QFX. I assume I can import them into iCompta. I just use this software to manage my checking account.

I have several questions. My bank is WAMU-Chase and I use internet banking to somewhat reconcile my accounts. 1) Will iCompta accurately reproduce my data that will equal Quickens representation? 2) What is the format of iCompta data files? Is it QFX? 3) Will iCompta allow me to do Internet banking or is it specific to my bank and what it allows in connecting to the program's financial data files?
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: On line banking after importing QFX

Post by Angeman »

TDaMoose wrote:1) Will iCompta accurately reproduce my data that will equal Quickens representation?
It should but anyway the best way to be sure is to download iCompta and try to import your QFX file.
TDaMoose wrote:2) What is the format of iCompta data files? Is it QFX?
It uses a private format for storage but it can import and export to QFX.
TDaMoose wrote:3) Will iCompta allow me to do Internet banking or is it specific to my bank and what it allows in connecting to the program's financial data files?
There is an embedded web browser for connecting to your bank's web site and if it is in the following list, you can even download your transactions without having to connect to the web site first.