Advanced search suggestion

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
Torakikiii

Advanced search suggestion

Post by Torakikiii »

Hi,
I wish there could be a method to do a search for a specific date, let me explain.

In my case my month "starts" every 10 of the month, therefore every 9 of the month I close my monthly balance.
I find myself often wanting to know the ending balance of the past months, so I roam through the transaction list looking for the numbers I need.

I wish I could do an advanced search )and possibly save it) for every 9 of the month without specifying a year, or a month.
A wildcard would help a lot! Like inputting 09/*/* so to search every 9th of the month of every year. 09/*/2014 would search each 9 of the month but only of this year.
As far as I can see I can only specify dates using the calendar dropdown or putting a complete date.

Maybe there's already something like that I'm not aware of? iCompta sometimes amaze me with less known features, let's hope so :)

Thanks,
Ivan
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Advanced search suggestion

Post by Angeman »

What you could do is to enter a special comment in those transactions like "End of month" for example and so you would just have to type that in the search field to see all these transactions.
Torakikiii

Post by Torakikiii »

so are you suggesting I put that comment only in the last transaction of that period?
I have to give it a try, didn't think about the comment and search thing. Thanks
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Torakikiii wrote:so are you suggesting I put that comment only in the last transaction of that period?
Yes exactly.